Windows 10: No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

Discus and support No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop. There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu. I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paul Black, Feb 4, 2020.

1. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop.

There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu.

I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they were successfully, and checked that everything was OK in Device Manager [as recommended by a post here in Ten Forums].

Has anyone got any ideas please?

:)

Paul Black, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Sleep option

The sleep option has disappeared from my start menu, leaving the options of only restart or shut down. At the same time, all my images and text have become slightly distorted--sort of flattened a bit. Any suggestions as to either problem? Thanks.

JohnBuckley_016, Feb 4, 2020
  4. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

Sleep and Shut Down menu options switched in Start Menu

For some bizarre reason whenever I select "Shut Down" from my computer's start menu, it only puts my computer to sleep; however, when I select "Sleep" it shuts my computer down. This wouldn't be much more than an annoyance, except that this isn't consistently
    the case, so I can never know whether I'm shutting down my computer or putting it to sleep.

K.C.McLauglin, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

1. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu. - Similar Threads - Sleep option Shut

2. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  3. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  4. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  5. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  6. "Sleep" is shutting down pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sleep" is shutting down pc.: my pc used to "go to sleep" without any issue. latly ive install my windows on protable ssd drive, and since then "Sleep" is shutting down pc. the option "sleep" is visible but i acutually turning of pc. what does this happen? is it related to the fact the the system is...
  7. Sleep occcasionallly shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep occcasionallly shuts down: About one in ten times, W10 Pro (64-bit) shuts down instead of auto-sleeps. This began after a z390a motherboard was replaced by an identical board. Every suggestion at this site has been tried. SFC is clean. The latest Intel MEI is installed. Video driver is up-to-date....
  8. shut down option

shut down option: In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-option/d834faea-1d65-494f-b981-cc7faa1c60e4
  9. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  10. Menu shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu shuts down: At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the...