Windows 10: No sleep option on 2004?

Discus and support No sleep option on 2004? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm not exactly sure what happened to the option but I used sleep mode very often on my laptop and now it's not there. Is it still in windows? If so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Packerman120203, Jul 10, 2020.

1. No sleep option on 2004?

I'm not exactly sure what happened to the option but I used sleep mode very often on my laptop and now it's not there.

Is it still in windows? If so can I add it back to the power tab in the start menu?

:)

Packerman120203, Jul 10, 2020

2. Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

No sleep option on 2004?

No sleep option

Hi Ashwin,

I suggest you to check if you can get the sleep option in other accounts if you have to test the issue.

If the option is not available in all accounts, you may run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
        and hit Enter.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

No sleep option on 2004?

1. No sleep option on 2004? - Similar Threads - sleep option 2004

2. No Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sleep Option: Hello, I have a problem with my PC which I can't make it to sleep! This doesn't have any sleep option in the power sector. It's not even grayed out, nothing; totally!!! In the power sector, I have only options: "Shut Down, Hibernate and Lock; There was a sleep option when I...
  3. No Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sleep Option: Hello, I have a problem with my PC which I can't make it to sleep! This doesn't have any sleep option in the power sector. It's not even grayed out, nothing; totally!!! In the power sector, I have only options: "Shut Down, Hibernate and Lock; There was a sleep option when I...
  4. No Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option is missing: I recently built a new PC using Windows 10 as my OS. Everything is working great, except there is no option for my PC to sleep. My only options were shut down and restart. I managed to find where some other people had a similar issue and went to advanced settings to change...
  6. The sleep option disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The sleep option disappeared: Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were on. I think either my connection was interrupted or my apps shut down, as I was told I went offline in the game I was playing...
  7. Sleep Option

Sleep Option: I recently downloaded Windows 10 on four HP Probook 650 G2. Only one laptop gives me the option to use the sleep option. In the Power and Sleep option only screen adjustments can be made. The working laptop has both sleep and screen. Also under Define Power Buttons and...
  8. No sleep option

in Windows 10 Support
    No sleep option: On a friends HP Pavilion Model p7-1256c I formatted and did a fresh install of W10 Home. All works fine except there is no sleep option. I have tried many suggestions here like chipset drivers from HP which it wouldn't accept. My friend is not too up on this stuff which is...
  9. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Missing sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing sleep option: So I reinstalled windows on my computer because my PC won't boot into it with the fixes I tried. After the reinstall I do not have the option to put the computer into sleep mode. I only have hibernate....