Windows 10: No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

Discus and support No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes, nothing happens. I tried sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Suzanne Campbell, Jul 26, 2020.

1. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes,

nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and

can see no uninstall of it. Is there a work-around to get a screensaver or sleep to work again? I don't want my screen

to burn-in.

Thank you for any ideas.

campyrs52

:)

Suzanne Campbell, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Bansaw Win User

My login screen for Win10 sleeps into a screensaver blank screen since a major update a few days ago.
    How can I adjust settings for that?

Bansaw, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Windows 10 update 2004

Good luck with the other user’s suggestion.

My go-to list when updating to a new version of Windows is:

Disconnect all external USB devices apart from mouse & keyboard.

Turn off/disable third party antivirus.

Change desktop theme to default.

Change screensaver to None.

Set sleep to off.

Doing this I’ve never had problems.

With 2004 I’m discovering the problem is with Malwarebytes & not my pc/Windows.

Time Lady, Jul 26, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004 :)

terrace, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

1. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004 - Similar Threads - sleep screensaver since

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  6. Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004: Started after 2004 update. Crashing frequently during sleep. CPU working with heat and fan blowing. Have updated everything I could see incl BIOS so stuck now. Thanks if someone can see something in uploaded data. 161827
  7. Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver not starting since update to Windows 2004: After updating Windows to 2004, the screensaver no longer comes on after the time I've set. Have tried both changing the number of minutes that should pass before it starts as well as tried different screensavers but to no avail. This is in fact a very old and common...
  8. A few bugs since 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A few bugs since 2004 Update: Hey guys, here is a list with a few bugs I encountered since the 2004 update. - If I wake up my PC from sleep, sometimes the whole system has mini freezes/stutters -> Restart - Sometimes when I start my PC I get the same bug as above, just from a normal startup -> Restart...
  9. since updating to windows 10 vr 2004, my laptop will not sleep ??

in Windows 10 Support
    since updating to windows 10 vr 2004, my laptop will not sleep ??: so i turn my laptop on sleep or close the lid and usually it sleeps, but it wakes up like something is waking it up all the time, this did not happen on previous build 1909 , i have checked all power settings nothing has changed in there, what would be causing this to do that...
  10. Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...?: My login screen for Win10 sleeps into a screensaver blank screen since a major update a few days ago. How can I adjust settings for that? 98694