Windows 10: No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

Discus and support No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kriegste, Jul 2, 2020.

1. kriegste Win User

No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004.

The problem is as follows:

If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately.

Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the lid is open, the system will wake up immediately. In the event viewer it says "power button" as the wake up reason.

It does not matter if I use the start menu or the power button to put the notebook to sleep. The wake up happens in any case.

Now, if I am quick enough and close the lid just after giving the standby command, the system stays in standby. Strange, huh?

I wonder how I can restore normal behavior?

The problem may be present since the last major Windows update or a bit longer, I am not sure.

:)

kriegste, Jul 2, 2020
  2. kriegste Win User

No sleep/standby when lid is open (wakes up immediately)

My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004.

The problem is as follows:

If I put the system to standby mode (start menu / power symbol / standby) and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately.

Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the lid is open, the system will wake up immediately. In the event viewer it says "power button" as the wake up reason.

It does not matter if I use the start menu or the power button to put the notebook to sleep. The wake up happens in any case.

Now, if I am quick enough and close the lid just after giving the standby command, the system stays in standby. Strange, huh?

I wonder how I can restore normal behavior?

The problem may be present since the last major Windows update or a bit longer, I am not sure.

kriegste, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Adrian700 Win User
    Can't wake up laptop from sleep without opening the lid

Hello.

I used to be able to wake up my laptop with my USB mouse and keyboard, but about 1-2 months ago it stopped working.

In order to wake it up, I now have to open the lid. I don't need to press any buttons, merely lifting the lid a few centimetres wakes the computer up.

What's interesting, I can wake it up with mouse/keyboard within a few minutes of it going to sleep. But if I leave it in a sleep state for longer, if I walk away and come back in a few hours, mouse/keyboard can no longer wake it up and I have to open the
    lid.

Any suggestions?

Adrian700, Aug 5, 2020
  4. perdrix Win User

Lappie wakes from sleep immediately!

When I use the Shutdown/Sleep command my laptop goes to sleep. Except that it wakes again immediately. powercfg lastwake told me the ACPI-Lid was responsible.

So yes, opening the lid when it is closed should wake the computer, but if the lid is open when the computer is told to sleep, it shouldn't wake until the lid has been closed and then re-opened

Dell M6800 BIOS level A16 FWIW

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks, Dave

perdrix, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately - Similar Threads - sleep standby lid

2. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  3. When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.: I want the laptop to stay awake when I close the lid, so I can listen to Spotify with the lid closed. So I have the option set to "Do nothing" for when I close the lid. I press the power button to put the device to sleep. It goes to sleep. Then I close the lid, it wakes up...
  4. When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.: I want the laptop to stay awake when I close the lid, so I can listen to Spotify with the lid closed. So I have the option set to "Do nothing" for when I close the lid. I press the power button to put the device to sleep. It goes to sleep. Then I close the lid, it wakes up...
  5. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  6. Laptop immediately wakes from sleep when connected to external monitor, or if lid is not closed

Laptop immediately wakes from sleep when connected to external monitor, or if lid is not closed: I have an Asus ZenBook UX434, and I also use an external monitor, connected through HDMI. With a monitor connected, when I close the laptop lid, it sleeps for a few seconds, and then turns back on and shows the lock screen on my external monitor. If I disconnect the...
  7. Lid wake up when manually sent to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lid wake up when manually sent to sleep: Hi, My laptop wakes up from sleep when I open the lid if I have the sleep on lid close action set. I still want to be able to listen to music when the laptop is closed. So I have the close action set as do nothing but have it set to go to sleep after 5 mins of idle. The...
  8. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid. I DO NOT want my PC to wake up from sleep when opening it. How do I change this? In the Power Options, I HAVE set the Lid...
  9. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  10. After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep: I did refresh my Windows 10 with the media creation tool. But no luck. All updates are there. When I close the lid of my laptop it goed in to hibernation / sleeping mode. I open the lid later and press the power buton to get my laptop back to life. It start up and screen...