Windows 10: No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem)

Discus and support No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Despite attempts to prevent it, last week I was upgraded to Win 10 1809.17763.107. It immediately deleted all my "restore" points, reset all my apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by monkeeeeeeeeee, Nov 16, 2018.

1. No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem)

Despite attempts to prevent it, last week I was upgraded to Win 10 1809.17763.107.

It immediately deleted all my "restore" points, reset all my apps to MS defaults, and switched off my "sleep" button.

I've reset my apps to my preferences, but can't find any way of activating the sleep button. I've tried ALL the recommended methods, which don't work because some of the buttons to click on under SETTINGS simply don't exist in this version of WIN10.

Any suggestions? I could use AOEMI One Key recovery, but then I'll lose the DOS partition on C:, so I won't do that.

I've updated all drivers, but no improvement.

:)

monkeeeeeeeeee, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Stache9 Win User

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR resuming from sleep on 1809

Yes, I have 2 Samsung NVMe SSD 960s installed. The NVMe driver was 2.3.0.1709 and I just updated it to 3.0.0.1802.

Since I wasn't getting anywhere with this problem, I already reverted from 1809 back to 1803 and have had no sleep problems since. So it definitely seems to be related to 1809.

I'm reluctant to re-install 1809 yet to test if this fixes the sleep problem. I think maybe I'll wait awhile for any other 1809 weirdness to shake out.

Thanks for the suggestion...this is the best idea I've heard yet and definitely sounds plausible!

cheers, stache

Stache9, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 16, 2018
  4. No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem)

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem)

1. No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem) - Similar Threads - Sleep 'til are

2. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  3. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  4. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All windows closed after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All windows closed after sleep: Hi reddit, New to windows world so apologies in advance.... but when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep at night, when I open it again, all the windows are closed. After some searches, I've found that hybrid sleep tends to fix this, but also discovered that my XPS 9300...
  6. TIL that this still exists

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TIL that this still exists: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftAndOther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6t8mg/til_that_this_still_exists/
  7. Driver til mus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver til mus: Hej håber virkelig i kan hjælpe. Sidder med en computer (windows 10) som har en driver der ikke fungere med den tochpad der er i computeren, så jeg hentede en ny, og alt virker som det skal. Problemet er så bare at hver gang computeren opdatere vil den hente den driver som...
  8. IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809: The original thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/ie-11-closingcrashing-problems-with-windows-10/ce08acba-2683-40e8-b454-32604f84fe07?page=1 by Ron_0004 unfortunately appears "locked" despite +200 persons need an answer(!). This problem drives me crazy....
  9. Windows 1809 had no problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 had no problem: Hi I have a home built machine and had windows 10 from the off. I loaded and ran and updated to 1809 and it has gone in and no apparent problem except the audio for skype changed and I discovered that the speakers no longer ran in the socket for the rear but for the front....
  10. Kopier dvd til hardisk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kopier dvd til hardisk: Hvordan får jeg lagret en DVD-R på harddisken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/kopier-dvd-til-hardisk/5d15fce8-938f-4e25-9aaa-46d803013f79

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 reset and sleep problem

2. windows 1809 where is sleep

3. samsung nvme 3.0 for window 10 1809