Windows 10: No slider for the microphone under levels tab

Discus and support No slider for the microphone under levels tab in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a problem. I cannot see the slider for the microphone in speaker's level tab. I want to hear sound coming from my microphone simultaneously.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ugryrmz, Jun 16, 2020.

1. No slider for the microphone under levels tab

So I have a problem. I cannot see the slider for the microphone in speaker's level tab. I want to hear sound coming from my microphone simultaneously. I am NOT talking about "listen to this device" option. That option is delayed because of the information being processed. I am using Steelseries Arctis 3. And I know that it works completely as expected when I try this on another PC. So microphone/headset is not the problem.

submitted by /u/ugryrmz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ugryrmz, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

Hello Ferryn,

Seems that you're done with some troubleshooting steps. For additional assistance, try following the steps provided:

• Go to Sound properties > Recording tab.
    • Right Click Microphone Device.
    • Click on Listen tab.
    • Check Listen to this device.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jun 16, 2020
  4. No slider for the microphone under levels tab

microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

No slider for the microphone under levels tab

1. No slider for the microphone under levels tab - Similar Threads - slider microphone under

2. Volume slider does not change the level of loudness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not change the level of loudness: Hi! I've been experiencing that my laptop volume slider does not work. It doesn't change it volume it only stays at 100% volume even it is only set to 2%, but when i mute the volume the sounds will be muted. It does not let me to change the loudness of my volume. Does any one...
  3. Microphone "level" slider isn't moving

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone "level" slider isn't moving: Hi, My microphone is really quiet and when i try to change the "level" slider it doesnt move and stays at 0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level-slider-isnt-moving/d87d6840-5ac3-4716-9620-13c4bf2fa90d
  4. Microphone Levels

Microphone Levels: Hey, my microphone wont turn on in the Levels tab, it just doesn't wanna turn on [ATTACH] i can't turn this on and i don't know why. Please someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-levels/c42b3b66-e66d-4d10-9586-c61849504523
  5. Microphone level

Microphone level: Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level/ab254916-e35f-49ae-a999-3e6a75bf94d0
  6. Speaker Levels Balance Slider Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Levels Balance Slider Missing: Hi, I can't see any slider apart from the main sound slider in my speaker settings. I have that : [ATTACH] And i need that : [ATTACH] I do not have any Microphone or Line In slider. Do somebody know how to fix that ? Thank you, ArthusWQZ...
  7. Cannot adjust mic sound level in levels tab under properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot adjust mic sound level in levels tab under properties: I cannot adjust the volume of my mic. I have the hyperx Cloud 2 headsets for my PC and got them new a few days ago. So i go to control panel, recording tab, right click on my headset and go to properties. On the levels tab i cannot adjust this and its stuck at 0.0dB. Id...
  8. Microphon autolowering levels

Microphon autolowering levels: Hi, I have this issue with that is driving me furious, that Windows 10 manages the microphon level without my consent. Imean who do you think you are Microsoft to allow yourselves to interfere with the way i use my microphon ??? I've seen this question already asked on...
  9. microphone volume level slider resets to 0

microphone volume level slider resets to 0: Whenever I try to slide the level of the microphone in the properties to be higher than 0 it resets. This is on a new headset and i've already tried to update the audio drivers and reset my computer.[ATTACH]...
  10. Microphone Levels Broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microphone Levels Broken: So, i enjoy skype calling my friend but she always complains about an insanely loud buzzing always in the background when she calls me. Today i decided to fix that, and every youtube tutorial i watch tells me to go into my microphone settings and in the levels tab turn down...