Windows 10: No slider to change battery plan on the system tray

Discus and support No slider to change battery plan on the system tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There was always a slider when I clicked the battery icon on the system tray, I could make it "Better battery", "Best performance" etc. But now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Enes Kavçakar, Jan 25, 2021.

1. No slider to change battery plan on the system tray

There was always a slider when I clicked the battery icon on the system tray, I could make it "Better battery", "Best performance" etc. But now it looks like this

No slider to change battery plan on the system tray 84b007aa-6228-4c86-aaf1-d0dc080afbbe?upload=true.png

How do I get the slider back?

:)

Enes Kavçakar, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Helmut Win User

Battery Slider vs Power Options

The Battery slider power control is not completely independent, obviously some settings would be common.
    Early versions of Windows 10 had more than one Power Plan, but they changed it into the one plan, Balanced (recommended) and then added a Power Mode slider control to the Battery icon.
    Which makes it a lot easier than going to Power Plans.

i.e. The Power Mode slider control is the equivalent of a different Power Plan.

All part of a general shift from the old Control Panel to the Settings App.

Helmut, Jan 25, 2021
  3. pattacini Win User
    How to fully restore Power Slider and Battery Saver functionalities

Greetings,

While I was playing around with the pwcfg command to enable hibernation, I noticed that I've lost the
    Power Slider option (see the screenshot below) plus, when in battery mode, I can now
    enable/disable the Battery Saver ONLY from the main Windows Settings and no longer from the icon in the system tray as I was used to (there's the option but clicking on it has no effect).

No slider to change battery plan on the system tray 6b977122-1e53-49e8-8cc8-80492e95ac4d?upload=true.png

I've tried all sorts of things to restore the Power Slider and the ability to select the Battery Saver option from the system tray but unsuccessfully. The following is a list of stray points I put to test:

• Installing the latest updates from Windows and from Dell webpage ❌
    • Uninstalling/reinstalling the battery drivers from the Device Manager ❌
    • Running the Windows Troubleshooter ❌
    • Resetting the Power Plans options ❌
    • Removing/restoring the Power Plans (specifically the Balanced Plan) ❌

My system is a Dell XPS 15 9560 with Windows 10 Pro 2004 (19041.329).

Does anyone have any heads-up on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance,

Ugo

pattacini, Jan 25, 2021
  4. No slider to change battery plan on the system tray

System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

No slider to change battery plan on the system tray

1. No slider to change battery plan on the system tray - Similar Threads - slider change battery

2. the battery slider disappears.

in Windows 10 Customization
    the battery slider disappears.: the battery slider disappears after windows may update can't fix from troubleshooting anyone has a solution? Asus X512fj Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-slider-disappears/89ad1dd4-3398-4c1e-9e1f-9f7d68ce1af0
  3. Laptop Battery Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Battery Plans: Hi, my laptop goes on high performance by default when I plug it in. Similarly, it goes on power saver, when it's on battery. How do I make it go on balanced mode instead of power saver, when it's on battery? submitted by /u/MM98_ [link] [comments]...
  4. Battery Power slider missing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Power slider missing.: As the title says, the battery slider in Windows 10 is missing. It was there a few days ago but today when I checked it, it wasn't. I haven't changed anything recently in the power options. I checked the internet for a fix, but all of them are nothing but "keep the power...
  5. The system tray icon for battery at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The system tray icon for battery at 100%: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jbiserkov [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdb51m/the_system_tray_icon_for_battery_at_100/
  6. battery icon missing from system tray

battery icon missing from system tray: I jjusst noticed that my battery icon is missing from the system tray in windows 10. this has never happend before. How do i get it back? this windows 10. I have never had any problems with icons in the system tray If i cick on the "hide" arrow, it shows but i'd like to...
  7. System Tray visibility changes

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray visibility changes: All the suggestions I've seen for changing the visibility of the system tray icons appear to be relevant to earlier versions of Windows 10. I'm at release 1903 on a new build and I can't find a way to make the changes I want. Right-clicking the task bar does not reveal a...
  8. Battery on system tray, icon missing

Battery on system tray, icon missing: Battery icon missing on system tray randomly shows up then disappears again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-on-system-tray-icon-missing/20a9815b-0d1d-4cb5-b224-cc900a2c93ba
  9. Battery Slider is missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Slider is missing: Title says it all... After fully formated my laptop,i missing the power slide option which i can select to have high performance/batter saver and so on. Now im stuck with this [ATTACH] and i dont know how to bring it back...
  10. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.: I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume for multiple external sources. I now have to make sure something is playing when changing the output device. So very...