Windows 10: No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.

Discus and support No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I switch on my computer in the morning and open up Microsoft Edge, it opens all the tabs that were open when I closed it and shut down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rockotoo, Aug 20, 2019.

1. rockotoo Win User

No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.

Every time I switch on my computer in the morning and open up Microsoft Edge, it opens all the tabs that were open when I closed it and shut down the day before. Why does it do this? I don't have any settings configured to tell it to do this. It's very irritating.

I have the settings set to open a specific page or pages.

Other threads on this topic have been closed to new comments, but no solution has been presented that works. My solution is to switch browsers, but I'd kind of like to use Edge...

:)

rockotoo, Aug 20, 2019

2. Edge opening page under previous page

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 20, 2019
  4. No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.

Edge not opening with previous pages

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Which update are you referring to?

Please be informed that when you open the 10 web pages in the EDGE browser, you close the browser and when you restart the EDGE browser you will be able to see all the 10 web pages will be loaded which you have opened before you have closed the EDGE
    browser. This will happen only when you set the option to open the tabs with
    previous web pages in EDGE browser.

To set the option, open EDGE browser, click on (…) More options at the top right corner of the EDGE browser, click on
    Settings, set the Open with option to
    Previous pages.

If you have any suggestions about EDGE browser, you may post the suggestions in Windows feedback app. So that it will be helpful to developers to integrate the suggestions provided in future if it is possible. Open the Windows feedback from all apps
    installed in your computer and post the suggestions in Windows feedback app.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.

1. No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open. - Similar Threads - solution yet Edge

2. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  3. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  4. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Open microsoft edge with a spacific page

Open microsoft edge with a spacific page: Open microsoft edge with a spacific page . Microsoft calendar url ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-microsoft-edge-with-a-spacific-page/864fa942-bfa2-41ff-affa-4d556a035e7f
  6. Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup

Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup: Earlier I started my laptop and a video I was last watching on my laptop started playing at the sign-in screen. This was really embarrassing as I was in a meeting and the sound playing was from mid-fight in a TV series, so characters were shouting 'motivations' at each other....
  7. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens with previous page instead of start page: Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page. Is there any way to prevent this? This is what I have set. [img] 114998
  8. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page: I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is used after booting the computer. Second and subsequent use of Edge result in it opening on the home page as it should. I have...
  9. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page: I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is used after booting the computer. Second and subsequent use of Edge result in it opening on the home page as it should. I have...
  10. Edge will not open certain pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not open certain pages: Hi! First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not open any page related to Google in any way. I can't open Google Plus, the search engine, or even Google Drive. I've looked into...