Windows 10: No sorting options?

Discus and support No sorting options? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I recently updated to the insider build 1903 and I'm unable to sort files in a folder. Whenever I click on the Sort By tab, the only options are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZombieLord665, May 6, 2019.

1. No sorting options?

Hey, I recently updated to the insider build 1903 and I'm unable to sort files in a folder. Whenever I click on the Sort By tab, the only options are Ascending, Decending, and Choose Columns. Any help? No sorting options? 40ae9642-d277-41ae-9cb3-7b5e6bb2ab77?upload=true.png

:)

ZombieLord665, May 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Hello Bruce, and welcome to Ten Forums. No sorting options? :)

If you use OPTION ONE or step 2 in OPTION TWO, it won't be listed twice, but it won't include the sort order fix.

If you use step 3 in OPTION TWO, it will be listed twice, but will include the sort order fix.

Brink, May 6, 2019
  3. Sorting mail in Windows 10

Hi Sujata,

Will you please provide step-by-step instructions based on your suggestion below? I want to stop Windows 10 mail from dividing my mail by date and simply sort by date received, latest date first.

What you suggested: "If you want to then you can sort ‘From’ option wherein, you see all mails from sender followed alphabetically. "

I have not found anything in the mail app that points to a sort From option.

Also, the link you provided has no relevance to the very clear and specific question the OP asked.

Thanks!

Clark Bohs, May 6, 2019
  4. No sorting options?

How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to sort your pictures in the way you want them. Kindly take note that the only options to sort your photos in Photo Gallery are the following:

• Date taken
    • Date modified
    • File size
    • Image size
    • Rating
    • Caption
    • File name
    Also I suggest follow the below steps.

Press ALT + W + K, one after other & check if the photos are shown in the order they were taken.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, May 6, 2019
Thema:

No sorting options?

1. No sorting options? - Similar Threads - sorting options

2. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  3. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  4. sorting options in file explorer are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sorting options in file explorer are gone: Not long ago, I was able to select "sort by" and at the bottom of the list was "show more options" or something like that. That gave you numerous other sorting options, but that option is now gone. Where'd it go?...
  5. sorting options in file explorer are gone

sorting options in file explorer are gone: Not long ago, I was able to select "sort by" and at the bottom of the list was "show more options" or something like that. That gave you numerous other sorting options, but that option is now gone. Where'd it go?...
  6. How do you make Explorer sort options permanent on all drives and download windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make Explorer sort options permanent on all drives and download windows?: I'm trying to change globally the sorting option in Windows Explorer. I can't even describe how much I detest the default view that shows the last time the category was active. I need it just to have no sort at all which means the folders in alpha order followed by any single...
  7. How do you make Explorer sort options permanent on all drives and download windows?

How do you make Explorer sort options permanent on all drives and download windows?: I'm trying to change globally the sorting option in Windows Explorer. I can't even describe how much I detest the default view that shows the last time the category was active. I need it just to have no sort at all which means the folders in alpha order followed by any single...
  8. Sort by "More..." option is missing in context menu. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort by "More..." option is missing in context menu. How to solve this issue?: There is "More..." option in group by. But there is no "More..." option in sort by. Please help me to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-by-more-option-is-missing-in-context-menu-how/4c8d32de-68bf-40d9-ac47-d4015744439b
  9. Sort by "More..." option is missing in context menu. How to solve this issue?

Sort by "More..." option is missing in context menu. How to solve this issue?: There is "More..." option in group by. But there is no "More..." option in sort by. Please help me to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-by-more-option-is-missing-in-context-menu-how/4c8d32de-68bf-40d9-ac47-d4015744439b
  10. Microsoft support is useless. My file explorer no longer gives options on how to sort more...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft support is useless. My file explorer no longer gives options on how to sort more...: Microsoft support is useless. My file explorer no longer gives options on how to sort more & pictures are being skipped on microsoft photos when I scroll with the mouse. Can anyone help? Thanks!...