Windows 10: No sound afer lock screen since update v1809

Discus and support No sound afer lock screen since update v1809 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently updated my computer and faced the same issue as @Dean999 I'm using the task schedule to wake my computer up and play radio via internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by winiwin, Jun 2, 2019.

1. winiwin Win User

No sound afer lock screen since update v1809

I recently updated my computer and faced the same issue as @Dean999

I'm using the task schedule to wake my computer up and play radio via internet using edge. Before update v1809 I could play the sound behind the lock screen. Now I need to first login, and only after the music starts. Please note that when I log in, Edge is already opened and the player loaded gently waiting for me to login. As described by Dean999 in its post it is related to the lockscreen, not a driver issue. He solved his problem by disabling the lock screen. However I need to keep using the lock screen for security reasons. Interesting thing is that if I lock my screen with edge playing the music, it keeps playing behind the lock screen. It only doesn't work after waking up the computer.

Thank you for your help,

Winwin

:)

winiwin, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Dean999 Win User

No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?

I am using Windows10 x64 on a rather old ASUS G73jh laptop.

Since the October 2018 (v1809) update, application sounds don't play on the lock screen after the computer wakes from sleep, UNTIL I SIGN IN.

Specifically, only application sound doesn't play (e.g. playing music through a media player). The "Windows Alarms" app
    will still ring, and if I turn on "Narrator" through the ease-of access icon in the lower right, that starts speaking to me... so it definitely isn't a sound driver issue.

The problem is that I use my computer as an alarm clock: I use Task Scheduler to run my music-player (WinAMP in this case) at a given time, with the "Wake the computer to run this task" option checked. Since v1809 was installed, WinAMP still does actually run
    at the specified time, but nothing can be heard until I sign in, making it useless as an alarm clock - unless I just leave the computer running and don't put it to sleep... but its noisy fan keeps me awake in that case (not to mention, it's a waste of power).

Note that if I simply lock the computer (CTRL-ALT_DEL -> lock), without sleeping it, this doesn't happen: Sound continues playing uninterrupted on the lock screen in that case.

It looks to me like it might be an explicit "feature" implemented in v1809, rather than an accidental bug. Is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have information on it? And is there a workaround, or a registry setting, to revert to previous behavior
    (that being, application audio plays normally as soon as the computer wakes up)?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Dean999, Jun 2, 2019
  3. sound suck afer updating to win 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware troubleshooter and check.

A troubleshooter is an automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems with your PC.

• Go to start screen.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.
    • Select Hardware and Sound and click onplaying audio
      and follow the instruction.
    If issue persists try method 2

Method 2: Uninstall the Sound card drivers and reinstall

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound card drivers and in-built speaker drivers.

• Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.
    • Search for Sound, Video and Game Controllers and expand it.
    • Right on the soundcard driver and select uninstall.
    You can logon to the computer manufacturer website and install the latest driver for the computer.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Dean99 Win User

No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?

I am using Windows10 x64 on a rather old ASUS G73jh laptop.

Since the October 2018 (v1809) update, application sounds don't play on the lock screen after the computer wakes from sleep, UNTIL I SIGN IN.

Specifically, only application sound doesn't play (e.g. playing music through a media player). The "Windows Alarms" app will still ring, and if I turn on "Narrator" through the ease-of access icon in the lower right, that starts speaking to me... so it definitely isn't a sound driver issue.

The problem is that I use my computer as an alarm clock: I use Task Scheduler to run my music-player (WinAMP in this case) at a given time, with the "Wake the computer to run this task" option checked. Since v1809 was installed, WinAMP still does actually run at the specified time, but nothing can be heard until I sign in, making it useless as an alarm clock - unless I just leave the computer running and don't put it to sleep... but its noisy fan keeps me awake in that case (not to mention, it's a waste of power).

Note that if I simply lock the computer (CTRL-ALT_DEL -> lock), without sleeping it, this doesn't happen: Sound continues playing uninterrupted on the lock screen inn that case.

It looks to me like it might be an explicit "feature" implemented by Microsoft, rather than an accidental bug. Is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have information on it? And is there a workaround, or a registry setting, to revert to previous behavior (that being, application audio plays normally as soon as the computer wakes up)?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Dean99, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. No sound afer lock screen since update v1809 - Similar Threads - sound afer lock

2. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound crackling since update: Hi, my sound is crackling. Realtek high definition audio windows 10It temporarily fixes if I disable sound effects, toggle immediate mode, toggle spatial sound. This seems to have no particular pattern, just changing a setting seems to temp fix.I've run windows updatesI've...
  3. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound crackling since update: Hi, my sound is crackling. Realtek high definition audio windows 10It temporarily fixes if I disable sound effects, toggle immediate mode, toggle spatial sound. This seems to have no particular pattern, just changing a setting seems to temp fix.I've run windows updatesI've...
  4. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Notification sounds in lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification sounds in lock screen: As the title says I would like certain apps to play sounds on the lock screen like on andriod, I have been trying to figure out how, i can get it to display the notification on the lock screen but it doesn't play any sound. More Information #1 The specific app is telegram....
  6. sound problems since update

sound problems since update: Since the most recent update, I am having problems with sound and microphone. I finally have the microphone working, but now the speaker is not working. I had a very high pitch echo when the mic wasn't not functional. That is gone. I've gone through all of the settings...
  7. Sounds from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sounds from Lock Screen: For two months my computer has been playing the Windows Hardware disconnect.wav frequently in screensaver & lockscreen mode. I disconnected all my USB devices except the hubs, but it continues. Any help out there?...
  8. no sound since update

no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7
  9. No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?: I am using Windows10 x64 on a rather old ASUS G73jh laptop. Since the October 2018 (v1809) update, application sounds don't play on the lock screen after the computer wakes from sleep, UNTIL I SIGN IN. Specifically, only application sound doesn't play (e.g. playing music...
  10. No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?

in Windows 10 Support
    No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?: I am using Windows10 x64 on a rather old ASUS G73jh laptop. Since the October 2018 (v1809) update, application sounds don't play on the lock screen after the computer wakes from sleep, UNTIL I SIGN IN. Specifically, only application sound doesn't play (e.g. playing music...