Windows 10: No sound after 1 second power outage

Discus and support No sound after 1 second power outage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was just watching Youtube and then the power went out for 1 second. I don't think there was a storm outside at that time, so i don't know why that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GurkisSalats, Oct 28, 2018.

1. No sound after 1 second power outage

So I was just watching Youtube and then the power went out for 1 second. I don't think there was a storm outside at that time, so i don't know why that would happen. My computer restarted by itself and it showed a error. I don't remember it too well, but it was something like "Couldn't read file" and it was late and I just shut it down because if i tried to do anything on it, it didn't do anything and popped the error window back. The next day I turned it on and it seemed like it had fixed itself, but the sound icon was with a red cross. Then I spent half the day fixing that and then half the day fixing the next problem. I got the red cross off and it looks like normal, but there is no sound. If I open Sound>Playback and look at the sound bars when I have something that should give sound then there isn't showing up either so I think its not my headphones and it is my computer.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling and restarting so windows installs by itself, disabling enhancements (even though i didn't have any to begin with), rolling back drivers, system restore and other stuff i don't remember anymore.

So what i get from this is its not my headphones or drivers, can anyone help?

:)

GurkisSalats, Oct 28, 2018

2. Power outage, constant error sound after reboot.

I had a power outage, after rebooting (I have a generator so it auto-reboot) I'm receiving a constant error sound.

MacAndersonGT, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 28, 2018
  4. No sound after 1 second power outage

Power Outage / lost all files

I'm running Windows 10 on an hp ENVY 23 desktop and there was a power outage that lasted for all of 10 seconds. The pc was on at the time and when the outage shut it off I powered it back on to find all of my files I had on the desktop are now gone. Is
    this a normal function for a pc that goes through a power outage? Also I tried to do a recovery and restore but I get the message that no changes could be made.

DarrekBattle, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

No sound after 1 second power outage

1. No sound after 1 second power outage - Similar Threads - sound second power

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Low fps after power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps after power outage: Last night, the power went out while the computer was on, there is no lag in Windows, but all the games I got constant 75 FPS fell between 35-50. There is no heating problem in the case, all settings are set to high performance, I reset the BIOS, reinstalled the video card...
  5. Low fps after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps after power outage: Last night, the power went out while the computer was on, there is no lag in Windows, but all the games I got constant 75 FPS fell between 35-50. There is no heating problem in the case, all settings are set to high performance, I reset the BIOS, reinstalled the video card...
  6. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  7. No audio after a 1 second power outage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after a 1 second power outage: From Googling, it seems quite a few people have had this problem specifically that audio stops playing after an abrupt power outage. I don't see any agreed upon solution yet. Yes, I ran the troubleshooter a million times. It kept saying it fixed my issues and that I needed...
  8. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  9. Data gain after power outage?

in Windows 10 Support
    Data gain after power outage?: Just lol. Power went out and came back after 5 mins. and at boot Windows wanted to scan & repair C:, I let it (was fast due to SSD). After that, in the desktop I saw a intact personal text file from 2017 October. Just how? edit: now I'm thinking maybe that file was...
  10. Strange desktop after power outage.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange desktop after power outage.: Hi there! We had a power outage here about an hour ago while I was just browsing the Internet. Subsequently, my computer shut down. However, when I rebooted the desktop seems to have changed. I really have no idea how to explain it, so I posted a link at the bottom of a...