Windows 10: No sound after 3/14 Windows Update

Discus and support No sound after 3/14 Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, after restarting my laptop for the new windows update I have been unable to get any audio from my Asus laptop. I will outline additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OroisAhazi, Mar 16, 2019.

1. No sound after 3/14 Windows Update

So, after restarting my laptop for the new windows update I have been unable to get any audio from my Asus laptop. I will outline additional information below.

1.Realtek High Definition Audio:

Has the latest drivers avaliable v.6.0.1.7824 5/17/2016

Failed to play test tone on all formats.

2.Windows Audio Service: Running

3. External USB Soundcard:

Failed to play test tone on all formats.

Information on laptop:

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E1...3bMHJDvYvHtwOXHgd7Uoe3IZg7ij18yBoCNG0QAvD_BwE

Please feel free to ask for additional info.

:)

OroisAhazi, Mar 16, 2019

2. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after 3/14 Windows Update :p

cadaveca, Mar 16, 2019
  4. No sound after 3/14 Windows Update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

No sound after 3/14 Windows Update

1. No sound after 3/14 Windows Update - Similar Threads - sound Update

2. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  3. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  4. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  5. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  6. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  7. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  8. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.: After this new update KB5034843 my HP laptop has no sound at all, I tried updating and uninstalling sound drivers those did not help. The worst part the bluetooth icon is missing now. Oh and my keyboard settings have changed, the @ button has now became the inverted commas...
  10. KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.: After this new update KB5034843 my HP laptop has no sound at all, I tried updating and uninstalling sound drivers those did not help. The worst part the bluetooth icon is missing now. Oh and my keyboard settings have changed, the @ button has now became the inverted commas...