Windows 10: No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot.

Discus and support No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, From around August last year or so, I have had to continuously restart my PC in order to get the audio output working. The sound does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xzLEGITNINJAzx, Feb 5, 2019.

1. No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot.

Hello there,

From around August last year or so, I have had to continuously restart my PC in order to get the audio output working. The sound does come back after a reboot, but what is remarkable is that the problem is across three separate machines. How this happened I do not know, but it seriously is annoying and imI surprised that Microsoft STILL haven't fixed this issue.

Is it a possible problem with user settings or something? Or is this because of a dodgy update from last year? I think it's the latter since I cantc think of any other way this could cause an issue on three machines. Anyone else encountered this problem and has a fix for me? Thanks.

:)

xzLEGITNINJAzx, Feb 5, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Feb 5, 2019
  3. No sound after every reboot in windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 5, 2019
  4. pipsn Win User

No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Hey guys,

can someone of you do a step-to-step instruction, how I unlock Realtek with a standard Windows 10 64Bit System?
    Works the file of Pihto fine?
    After that i can play Games with 5.1 Sound or just Movies in 5.1 ?
    I did the instruction on page 1 a year ago and it worked fine. But now i updated to Windows 10 -.-

Greetings pipsn

pipsn, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot.

1. No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot. - Similar Threads - sound update last

2. no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.: Sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy Fx.The speaker icon on the taskbar is showing a red dot with an X inside. The message when I put the curser on it is: "No audio device installed"...
  3. Sound speaker not working after last update last 03/29/2021

Sound speaker not working after last update last 03/29/2021: Please help. My audio is not working or is disabled after my laptop was updated last Match 29, 2021. Current edition is Windows 10 Homes Single Language, version 20H2....
  4. No sound after reboot in Windows 10

No sound after reboot in Windows 10: At some point my sound in windows disappeared. I can't be sure what caused it but I am sure it happened directly after a skype meetingskype for business where I used skype for the first time with my mic instead of my phone. After many hours of searching and trying the...
  5. No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...

No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...: After the last Windows 10 update on my laptop, I have no audio. When I hover over the speaker icon on my taskbar, it says no audio output device is installed. I followed several different instructions on going to the device driver and uninstalling the driver, etc., but...
  6. Audio/Sound after the last update

Audio/Sound after the last update: After the last update of the operating system others can not listen to me. I've tried seveeral different possibility with no success. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audiosound-after-the-last-update/fdb9b237-77e0-4a80-9436-c3d6fb15ed39
  7. Sound not working after last Windows update

Sound not working after last Windows update: My laptop is two years old and runs Windows 10. Ever since I first had it, the sound would often stop working until I restarted the laptop. I contacted Microsoft support and they remotely worked on my laptop and were eventually able to fix the problem (after more than one...
  8. no sound, after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound, after last update: I have no audio on my Acer notebook; it has a red x on the speaker and when I click on it the troubleshooting box opens up but can't find the problem. Any ideas????...
  9. Sound notifications after last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound notifications after last update.: My PC started to send me sound notifications that something is opening then closing. The issue appeared after the last Windows 10 update. I don’t understand what is going on. The notifications are so annoying that I was forced to turn down computer sound....
  10. WiFi reboot after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi reboot after last update: hi guys, after update my windows at the last version my wiFi reboot every time, how do i fix that ? i have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-reboot-after-last-update/9642e8a5-0dc4-404c-8fb6-b94ecb19cc0e