Windows 10: No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation

Discus and support No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I reinstalled Windows, No noise was coming out of my PC. Can someone please tell me why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EnzoDionisio, Nov 28, 2020.

1. No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation

After I reinstalled Windows, No noise was coming out of my PC. Can someone please tell me why?

:)

EnzoDionisio, Nov 28, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation :p

cadaveca, Nov 28, 2020
  3. No sound from speakers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 28, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation

1. No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation - Similar Threads - Sound Reinstallation

2. How to reinstall sound drive on my connex slim book x and also make sure the touch screen...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall sound drive on my connex slim book x and also make sure the touch screen...: My PC keeps on shutting down even if it's 100% fully charged, it keeps on reinstalling, and the last installation deleted the sound drive, and the touch screen does not work anymore. How do I fix the problem.?...
  3. How to reinstall sound drive on my connex slim book x and also make sure the touch screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall sound drive on my connex slim book x and also make sure the touch screen...: My PC keeps on shutting down even if it's 100% fully charged, it keeps on reinstalling, and the last installation deleted the sound drive, and the touch screen does not work anymore. How do I fix the problem.?...
  4. How to reinstall sound drive on my connex slim book x and also make sure the touch screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....: Can you erase a sound card. I thought that was hardware, not software. When I reinstalled windows 10 I had it erase everything and when it restarted my computer had no sound card. What happened?...
  6. I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....: Can you erase a sound card. I thought that was hardware, not software. When I reinstalled windows 10 I had it erase everything and when it restarted my computer had no sound card. What happened?...
  7. I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Reinstall to restore my sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall to restore my sound: I’ll be excited to try the reinstall on my HP with 8.1. I lost my sound and nothing has worked to restore using all available help. I need it for my DJ work. Perhaps a clean reinstall will restore....
  9. Reinstall to restore my sound

Reinstall to restore my sound: I’ll be excited to try the reinstall on my HP with 8.1. I lost my sound and nothing has worked to restore using all available help. I need it for my DJ work. Perhaps a clean reinstall will restore....
  10. How to reinstall Windows sound recorder.

How to reinstall Windows sound recorder.: And how to turn on security centre service.How to restore default settings of Windows like display and whole window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-sound-recorder/49a580f6-9061-4b67-b2b1-d6a77083eb0c