Windows 10: No sound after computer restart

Discus and support No sound after computer restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple days ago I turned on my PC and on the bottom right of my desktop where it usually shows the speaker icon to control the volume, there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NateJohnson_435, Oct 24, 2021.

1. No sound after computer restart

A couple days ago I turned on my PC and on the bottom right of my desktop where it usually shows the speaker icon to control the volume, there was a red "x" next to the speaker icon. I tried updating my drivers, doing stuff in CMD, and I found one solution that worked, checking a box that allowed Windows Audio in services to interact with my desktop. Now the red "x" is gone but I'm still not getting any sound, with or without headphones. Does anyone know a solution to this?

:)

NateJohnson_435, Oct 24, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after computer restart :p

cadaveca, Oct 24, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 24, 2021
  4. No sound after computer restart

Anyone else have no sound after installing Windows 10 build 10240?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you get sound with basic windows drivers?

I suggest you try the following steps:

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Sound video and Gaming , Select the Audio adapter, right click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

No sound after computer restart

1. No sound after computer restart - Similar Threads - sound computer restart

2. I was playing Tabletopsimulator with discord and computer restarted after the sound was...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I was playing Tabletopsimulator with discord and computer restarted after the sound was...: I checked Event viewer and noticed this message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff800538fb320. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  3. I was playing Tabletopsimulator with discord and computer restarted after the sound was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was playing Tabletopsimulator with discord and computer restarted after the sound was...: I checked Event viewer and noticed this message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff800538fb320. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  4. I was playing Tabletopsimulator with discord and computer restarted after the sound was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No sound after computer restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after computer restart: A couple days ago I turned on my PC and on the bottom right of my desktop where it usually shows the speaker icon to control the volume, there was a red "x" next to the speaker icon. I tried updating my drivers, doing stuff in CMD, and I found one solution that worked,...
  6. No sound after computer restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after computer restart: A couple days ago I turned on my PC and on the bottom right of my desktop where it usually shows the speaker icon to control the volume, there was a red "x" next to the speaker icon. I tried updating my drivers, doing stuff in CMD, and I found one solution that worked,...
  7. The computer restarts after hibernation.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The computer restarts after hibernation.: The problem already exists for several users in the organization. All computers are up to date -20H2build 19042.906 Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-restarts-after-hibernation/76e37d08-3e37-4a85-85f8-9e5dab044d18
  8. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after shutdown: Hello, A while ago, my pc started to restart after I try to shut it down. The things that I have already tried is: -using cmd to shutdown -disabling fast boot -disabling wake timers both in advanced power settings and task scheduler -disabling auto restart after...
  9. Computer will not restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not restart after update: After the last windows update my computer kept restarting I decided to restore my computer, but now it will not accept my live.com password. I changed my password and it will still not accept the password. I can now get to the command prompt, but that is the only thing I can...
  10. Possible sound crackling after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible sound crackling after restart: In the last few months, I have noticed my sound crackling. I kept thinking I had fixed the problem, but I have finally figured out that the crackling returns whenever I restart my computer. Restarting my computer again may or may not fix the problem until the next restart. I...