Windows 10: No sound After installing Realtek

Discus and support No sound After installing Realtek in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everything is ok without realtek's latest driver on the motherboard site. After I installed the Realtek driver there is no sound . whats the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xForAnAngeL, Dec 3, 2019.

1. No sound After installing Realtek

/u/xForAnAngeL, Dec 3, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 3, 2019
  4. No sound After installing Realtek

Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    No sound After installing Realtek [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

No sound After installing Realtek

1. No sound After installing Realtek - Similar Threads - sound installing Realtek

2. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  3. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  4. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.: I today reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my Oldest Laptop/Compbook:IBall Compbook Premio V2First the audio was working before the installation of drivers There was also a dummy audio playback option in ^, I dont know why? but then in Windows Update Option i updated Windows And...
  6. Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.: I today reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my Oldest Laptop/Compbook:IBall Compbook Premio V2First the audio was working before the installation of drivers There was also a dummy audio playback option in ^, I dont know why? but then in Windows Update Option i updated Windows And...
  7. Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. realtek sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    realtek sound: my Realtek sound and microphone does not work anymore for some reason after i updated the driver.The sound icon is normal but when i try to test its say it cant play the test and i i hit troubleshoot it says audio services not responding.I tried rolling back the driver and i...
  9. No sound Realtek

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound Realtek: Hey guys! First time the sound stopped working was when I updated to 1809 Slow ring/Release Preview build.. Then I found an install file with bunch of realtek drivers and it fixed everything. Now somehow I didn't save the file. So when I (stupidly) updated to latest 2004...
  10. No sound after installing Voicemeeter and Realtek drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after installing Voicemeeter and Realtek drivers.: I recently got a new microphone so I decided to download Voicemeeter to customize it. After downloading, the sound completely disappeared. I removed it and the sound came back, but I decided to reinstall it. The sound was gone again so I thought I would re-download the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crashed when installing realtek driver

2. no audio after installing realtek

3. realtek audio no sound after install

4. realtek sound effect manager download,
  5. no sound after installing realtek audio