Windows 10: No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...

Discus and support No sound after last Windows 10 Update ... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the last Windows 10 update on my laptop, I have no audio. When I hover over the speaker icon on my taskbar, it says no audio output device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CandyWillis, Feb 16, 2019.

1. No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...

After the last Windows 10 update on my laptop, I have no audio. When I hover over the speaker icon on my taskbar, it says no audio output device is installed. I followed several different instructions on going to the device driver and uninstalling the driver, etc., but nothing has worked. When I try to update the driver, I get an error message saying that, "Windows found drivers for my device but encountered an error while trying to install them. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. A device attached to the system is not functioning." I have no idea what to do next. HELP!!!

:)

CandyWillis, Feb 16, 2019

2. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...

1. No sound after last Windows 10 Update ... - Similar Threads - sound last Update

2. no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.: Sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy Fx.The speaker icon on the taskbar is showing a red dot with an X inside. The message when I put the curser on it is: "No audio device installed"...
  3. Windows 10 feezing and buzzing sound after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 feezing and buzzing sound after last update: Hi, I noticed that my laptop start freezing randomly and buzzing sound. also i heard from trend micro that the KB4535996 is causing the freeze, but i can't found it to uninstall it. https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/000247336...
  4. No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot.

No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot.: Hello there, From around August last year or so, I have had to continuously restart my PC in order to get the audio output working. The sound does come back after a reboot, but what is remarkable is that the problem is across three separate machines. How this happened I do...
  5. Audio/Sound after the last update

Audio/Sound after the last update: After the last update of the operating system others can not listen to me. I've tried seveeral different possibility with no success. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audiosound-after-the-last-update/fdb9b237-77e0-4a80-9436-c3d6fb15ed39
  6. Sound not working after last Windows update

Sound not working after last Windows update: My laptop is two years old and runs Windows 10. Ever since I first had it, the sound would often stop working until I restarted the laptop. I contacted Microsoft support and they remotely worked on my laptop and were eventually able to fix the problem (after more than one...
  7. no sound, after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound, after last update: I have no audio on my Acer notebook; it has a red x on the speaker and when I click on it the troubleshooting box opens up but can't find the problem. Any ideas????...
  8. Sound notifications after last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound notifications after last update.: My PC started to send me sound notifications that something is opening then closing. The issue appeared after the last Windows 10 update. I don’t understand what is going on. The notifications are so annoying that I was forced to turn down computer sound....
  9. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  10. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound after windows update 2019

2. usb codec driver not working after last windows update 2019

3. windows update no sound 32 bit 1809

4. no pictues after last windows update