Windows 10: No sound after latest update.

Discus and support No sound after latest update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by {BTS_02}, Oct 11, 2018.

1. {BTS_02} Win User

No sound after latest update.

Hello Microsoft Community,

Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon had a red X in a circle over it No sound after latest update. 6e29acd4-ea58-45b6-9172-934e5e161af4?upload=true.png and when hovered over showed a message No sound after latest update. 5edc381b-f22b-4122-b5ff-5e634d27119f?upload=true.png . I proceeded to install the drivers from HP's website. After installing them, the sound was not as loud as it usually is at max volume, and when I plug headphones in, the sound comes out of both the speakers and the headphones simultaneously. I have tried calling HP, but backed out when they said they would charge me a fee just for them to remote into my machine and fiddle with settings until it worked.

Is there anything I can do to get this back to "working order"? It is critical that the headphones work as intended as I have to watch videos in one of my classes as instruction. I, and other HP laptop owners, really need your help.

- {BTS_02}

:)

{BTS_02}, Oct 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after latest update. :p

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2018
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2018
  4. No sound after latest update.

No sound after installing latest updates on Windows 10

Hi Marcelle,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the sound on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information for better assistance:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to access any of the system sounds on your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers after performing reset on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with accessing the audio on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

No sound after latest update.

1. No sound after latest update. - Similar Threads - sound latest update

2. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  3. Sound issues after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after latest update: Just had the update to windows 10 2004, and now my sound keeps going very quiet. I have realtek audio. I have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and re installing, but still, after a short time the sound goes very quiet again....
  4. NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .: After the latest windows update ,build 19025.vb_relase 191112-1414 which I downloaded yesterday @18.38 , there is no sound from the speakers , the same thing happened last year . The only thing is I can't go back and restore windows to the previous version because there is...
  5. No Sound after latest Win10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound after latest Win10 update.: I recently installed the latest update for Win10. Since then no sound. Ran trouble shooting programs to no avail. Deleted and installed drivers for sound. What do I do next?...
  6. Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update

Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update: After downloading the latest Windows Cumulative Update as of 10/11/2018 (October 10, 2018), my speaker suddenly doesn't work anymore. The volume up, volume down, and mute buttons on the laptop have stopped working. I tried plugging in headphones and earphones to check if the...
  7. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  8. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  9. Sound Issues After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Issues After Latest Update: Nobody seems to know what this is.......has anyone else had this? Surely there is a simple fix? Sound Issues After Latest 10 Update? | MajorGeeks.Com Support Forums 99802
  10. No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates

No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates: Hello there, people of teh internetz, I'm looking for some help getting my laptop to work normally, after the latest windows updates. Problems - There is no sound. The troubleshooter can't fix the problem. I can hear quiet, random crackling sounds with headphones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after latest windows update no sound

2. latest windows update no sound