Windows 10: no sound after Oct, update.

Discus and support no sound after Oct, update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; no sound after Oct, update. Troubleshooters says no input/ output devices detected. Need Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexthe Gr8, Oct 16, 2020.

1. no sound after Oct, update.

no sound after Oct, update. Troubleshooters says no input/ output devices detected. Need Help

:)

Alexthe Gr8, Oct 16, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no  sound after Oct, update. :p

cadaveca, Oct 16, 2020
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 16, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

no sound after Oct, update.

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

no sound after Oct, update.

1. no sound after Oct, update. - Similar Threads - sound Oct update

2. FPS drop after Oct 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drop after Oct 10 update: Im having a huge fps drop and stutter when Im playing games on my PC OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name TIMMY System Manufacturer System manufacturer System...
  3. No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018: Why do I loss sound after the Windows 10 Oct 2018 update.? Even with the updated update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-update-oct-2018/4844094d-87f9-47f1-ba26-a30bf7fcf929
  4. No Sound after upgrade of Windows 10 in Oct.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound after upgrade of Windows 10 in Oct.: I just want to say that I did a CLEAN INSTALL of windows 10.....and I got my sound back after 7 weeks without sound...….THANKS MICROSOFT...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-upgrade-of-windows-10-in-oct/f85ae29a-21eb-43a2-a988-f0086f996206
  5. Lost Mail after Oct. update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Mail after Oct. update.: Has anyone else lost Windows mail after the Oct. upgrade? When I click on mail icon in taskbar it advises nothing has arrived yet. There were over 60 in it before the upgrade and it does not load any new ones either. Any time the automatic updates arrive, some problem...
  6. Sound not working after Oct 10 windows 10 update!

Sound not working after Oct 10 windows 10 update!: Last night my pc did the regular thing of updating and shutting down...I didnt think anything was unusual until this morning when no sound plays on it! I cant hear anything not even the audio drivers responding...I didnt download or modify anything on my pc before this except...
  7. Oct update

Oct update: Since Oct update adobe flash player in chrome does not work , can work around sometimes but online poker sites now keep saying update flash player even tho it is integrated in chrome, any advice?...
  8. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  9. Oct update

Oct update: Since Oct update adobe flash player in chrome does not work , can work around sometimes but online poker sites now keep saying update flash player even tho it is integrated in chrome, any advice?...
  10. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...