Windows 10: No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.

Discus and support No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer Specs: Dell Optiplex 990, running Windows 10Soundcard Specs: Creative Soundblaster Z SEMicrophone Specs: USB, plugged into a USB-to-3.5-Jack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Psychachu, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Psychachu Win User

No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.

Computer Specs: Dell Optiplex 990, running Windows 10Soundcard Specs: Creative Soundblaster Z SEMicrophone Specs: USB, plugged into a USB-to-3.5-Jack adaptor, so I can plug it into the soundcard.The mic worked "exactly okay" when it was just plugged in via usb, before I got the soundcard, and that was incredibly disappointing. Despite the mic being quite expensive, there was so much buzz, it was untennable. I quickly discovered that I didn't actually have a soundcard it was running off motherboard sound, apparently, so went and bought quite an expensive one. I now have both my speakers 2.5

:)

Psychachu, Aug 21, 2021

2. Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

When I recorded my microphone via an external soundcard in my sound programe it works fine.

But when I recorded with my computer camera and the microphone with the external soundcard there is some scratch in the sound.

KarineKala, Aug 21, 2021
  3. eekfu Win User
    No sound in external soundcard

Also, another thing to mention, if I am connected to the soundcard, and I play a song on spotify, it just "plays" each song in the list for a split second, with no sound of course, and stops eventually, saying it couldn't play the songs.

eekfu, Aug 21, 2021
  4. HEM
    HeM Win User

Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Hi and welcome!

You may go to Control panel / Sound => Recording tab, and see if it's disabled.

No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard. [​IMG]

I assume, mic jack has been inserted in the right...hole *Smile

Thema:

1. No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard. - Similar Threads - sound plugging microphone

2. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10: Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but...
  3. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10: Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but...
  4. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. plugged in microphone

plugged in microphone: Hi I plugged a microphone into my laptop and i can't get any sound to come out of it but when i test it the bar goes all the way up. how can I use my mic to sing kareoke?...
  6. Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Microphone not plugged in (it is): My Microphone was fine until i decided to clean up my room, after that i plugged it back in and it did not work. My computer said it wasn't plugged it and it is, help would be appreciated 156417
  7. Microphone not plugged in.

Microphone not plugged in.: This will only take 6 minutes to read... In sound panel > recording my microphone says: not plugged in. Even though it is plugged in. My microphone will turn on a light when ever it is connected to anything and gets power. My computer will only give sound from the computer...
  8. microphone is not "Plugged in"

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone is not "Plugged in": So up until 3 days ago the microphone in my headphones were working perfectly. But then I updated my computer and now the computer says that my headphones are working which they are but it also says that my microphone is not plugged in which they are because they are in my...
  9. Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems: Hi I've got a problem with this and it's driving me nuts. Literally. At the moment i've got a new Soundblaster Z, and a Rode Podcaster (USB) microphone. I do DJ'ing through winamp, SAM and the like - but as it stands I cannot play music and speak at the same time live....
  10. Microphone 'Not plugged in'?

Microphone 'Not plugged in'?: I have recently updated from windows 8.1 to 10. After the update, I plugged in my headphones where the speakers are perfectly fine (playback device) but why does the microphone (recording device) say 'not plugged in' when it clearly is? It was perfectly working on windows 8.1...