Windows 10: No Sound After Recovery

Discus and support No Sound After Recovery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So windows was acting up, and I decided to restore back to before previous updates. Now I have no sound. 1. Yes, my speakers are the default device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arrep, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Arrep Win User

No Sound After Recovery

So windows was acting up, and I decided to restore back to before previous updates. Now I have no sound.

1. Yes, my speakers are the default device. When I try and test my speakers I just get an error that says "failed to play test tone". Lovely.

2. Yes, I have gone to the device manager and tried rolling back drivers, but there was no driver to roll back to. I tried updating drivers, but there was no new update. I tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting my machine, and that did nothing either.

3. Yes, I restarted the Audio Service.

4. Yes, I ran the Audio Troubleshooter, didn't detect any issues.

5. Yes, I checked the cables. And yes, the volume is up. No, nothing is muted.

:)

Arrep, Mar 3, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound After Recovery :p

cadaveca, Mar 3, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 3, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

No Sound After Recovery

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

No Sound After Recovery

1. No Sound After Recovery - Similar Threads - Sound Recovery

2. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  3. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  4. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...: Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I play music or a movie I tried playing music via Bluetooth the crackling sound is still there so I came to the conclusion it can't be a hardware issue could my files be corrupted,what can...
  5. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...: Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I play music or a movie I tried playing music via Bluetooth the crackling sound is still there so I came to the conclusion it can't be a hardware issue could my files be corrupted,what can...
  6. Alt+10 makes a beep sound instead of showing up recovery options on powering up of an acer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+10 makes a beep sound instead of showing up recovery options on powering up of an acer...: I googled and found out that on an acer computer you can access the recovery options when powering up the laptop by pressing alt+10 but when I do that the computer beeps and it goes to regular star screen. So whats the beep sound?...
  7. Alt+10 makes a beep sound instead of showing up recovery options on powering up of an acer...

Alt+10 makes a beep sound instead of showing up recovery options on powering up of an acer...: I googled and found out that on an acer computer you can access the recovery options when powering up the laptop by pressing alt+10 but when I do that the computer beeps and it goes to regular star screen. So whats the beep sound?...
  8. Xbox Game Bar screen recording: Sound recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar screen recording: Sound recovery: Hello everyone,I used Xbox Game Bar screen recordings to record some lectures. During the lecture, I plugged in my headphones. The recording of this lecture has sound until the moment that I plugged in my headphones. After that moment I hear nothing. Is there a way to recover...
  9. Xbox Game Bar screen recording: Sound recovery

Xbox Game Bar screen recording: Sound recovery: Hello everyone,I used Xbox Game Bar screen recordings to record some lectures. During the lecture, I plugged in my headphones. The recording of this lecture has sound until the moment that I plugged in my headphones. After that moment I hear nothing. Is there a way to recover...
  10. antivirus and data recovery data cloning software makes my headphones buzzing sounds how i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    antivirus and data recovery data cloning software makes my headphones buzzing sounds how i...: antivirus and data recovery data cloning software makes my headphones buzzing sounds how i even clone the disk anymore if it dies like how can i use ssd to copy the disk instead of hdd...