Windows 10: No sound after removing external sound card.

Discus and support No sound after removing external sound card. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought an external soundblaster soundcard and an 7.1 logitech surround system.I quickly found out though, that i didnt use it as much as i hoped.So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by newuserwithstrangename, Sep 19, 2021.

1. No sound after removing external sound card.

I bought an external soundblaster soundcard and an 7.1 logitech surround system.I quickly found out though, that i didnt use it as much as i hoped.So, i uninstalled the soundblaster software and removed the soundcard.After that, i cant get any sound what so ever out of my system.I have tried several realtek drivers, and i have checked my bios, where all is enabled.Still no sound. The speakers are brand new and works on my laptop.I can choose "Digital Sound S/PDIF" in the menu, but nothing works. It doesnt even register when i plug in the jack to the motherboard.Any help? i guess its a driver i

:)

newuserwithstrangename, Sep 19, 2021

2. No sound in external soundcard

I followed the recommended steps above which did not resolve my problem.

The steps I took to solve the problem:

• Type Device Manager in Windows Search.
    • In Device Manager; Locate the sound card (in my case; Creative SB X-Fi)
    • Right click that device and select "Uninstall".
    • After removal from the list, click "Scan for hardware changes" under "Action" on top tool bar.
    • The computer automatically detects the "new" device and re-installs the sound card.
    • I'm back in business.

George Carpenter_3, Sep 19, 2021
  3. jds63 Win User
    sound card problem

I do not see any Software drivers for this VIA since Windows 7 in 2009. Did the VIA drivers get updated from Windows and did you check Device Manager under Sound,Video and Game controllers to see if it was listed ?

No need to disable integrated Sound device when installing a PCI sound card. How are you hooking up this new card to external speakers and which model Sound blaster card did you purchase ? Usually front jack will only work for integrated card unless hooking PCI card to a motherboard connector i believe.

jds63, Sep 19, 2021
  4. No sound after removing external sound card.

No sound

I have carried out the steps listed in the above and have had limited success.

The external speakers are connected to a Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi sound card (circa 2008).

I have uninstalled / reinstalled the drivers for this card, and though the card registers the sound output through various tools and applications, the sound fails to come out on the speakers themselves. When i use the onboard sound output for the speakers
    i do get sound, albeit obviously worse quality.

is there a compatability issue with this creative labs sound card?

Darwin Jay, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

No sound after removing external sound card.

1. No sound after removing external sound card. - Similar Threads - sound removing external

2. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  3. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  4. sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  5. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Hi! I have an old dell laptop. Is it possible to download ASIO sound card to my laptop? or is there any external sound card or drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-cards/3e8a3888-f755-4f2d-a26e-c1e15f59f37d
  6. Sound Card

Sound Card: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 10 and my sound doesnt work. Then I later found out that my sound card doesn’t support windows 10, I looked online for new ones but I couldn’t find any that supported windows 10. What should I do?...
  7. Sound Card

Sound Card: HI, I have a Razer blade 2019. I am connecting my dj controller that has a built in sound card, windows recognize it and I can use it with the Serato software, but the line in volume meter do not pick up the sound coming from it and I can not use it with OBS. I can hear the...
  8. External Sound Card

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Sound Card: I have USB External Sound Card Digital HD 7.1 Diamond DMM201008XS0981. I can get my external speakers to work but my input is not working. I like to convert my album collection to mp3's. Any help for fixing my audio input? Thanks, Steve...
  9. Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.

Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.: After 2 months of doing everything possible to fix the Crackling Audio after a Windows 10 Update & then dealing with Microsoft over the phone numerous times, And no resolution. I decided to get some USB Sound Card's. And I have sound again. Both have the same sample rate of...
  10. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Is there a verified sound cards list yet ? Thanks 2414