Windows 10: No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

Discus and support No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blinty, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Blinty Win User

No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

Hi everyone,

Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings show the sound is supposedly happening, I just don't hear it). This can happen from start-up of the PC, or when the PC goes into standby/sleep mode and I resume using my PC. To fix the issue, I have to restart my PC.

I have tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers using express install and a clean install.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, many thanks!

:)

Blinty, Apr 9, 2020

2. Why Headphones are working only after waking up from sleep ?

Sleep Mode doesn't run any applications on your computer including sounds. If you want to hear sounds on your computer, don't put it on sleep mode.

For more information about Sleep Mode, read this article:
    No Sound After Resuming Computer from Standby or Sleep Mode

Johann Eva, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Sleep mode resume

Hi Tyler,

Disabling some of the startup programs normally aids a slow response time when resuming from sleep mode. The concern you're experiencing may continue to happen due to some incorrect power settings. Aside from the steps mentioned above, may we know the specific
    procedures that you have tried to rectify the issue? You can also indicate other changes made on your device before this issue occurred.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 9, 2020
  4. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

Issue with Fingerprint Scanner when Resuming from Sleep Mode

Hi,

I ran the Power troubleshooter, and then restarted the computer.

After the initial login, I put the system into sleep mode, and then woke it. Upon resuming, I get the Hello screen, and after several seconds (It doesn't matter if I touch the fingerprint scanner or
    not) I get, "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again." If I then touch the fingerprint scanner, Hello recognizes me, and I'm logged in. So, this doesn't appear to have made any difference.

Any suggestions on a next step?

CircuitWizardry, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

1. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode - Similar Threads - sound resuming computer

2. Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby: Hi everyone. When I wake my laptop from sleep S3, not modern standby everything starts working but the screen does not automatically turn on if I do not move the mouse/trackpad; then, everuthing works just fine. I have noticed that the screen does automatically turn on if a...
  3. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...
  4. Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled): [ATTACH] Dell XPS 7590 i9, Windows 10 Pro 1909. I was having issues with Connected Standby in Windows 10 (Laptop wouldn't go to sleep properly, fans would start up every so often, laptop would suddenly wake up completely with screen coming on, closing the lid would wake...
  5. Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep: To add to my ever growing list of annoyances and gremlins, is as the title says. Absolutely no sound at all after the computer resumes from sleeping. I know that some people are going to nag me about old hardware, but cmon, i can understand video as it evolved to higher and...
  6. PS2 port driver disappears after resuming from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS2 port driver disappears after resuming from sleep mode.: Hi guys. Not sure if I'm putting this in the correct forum, but I know it will be moved but in wrong area. I recently built a new system. Here are the system specs. MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 1600 AF MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 100me 16 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 MHz DDR4...
  7. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  8. Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode: Howdy folks, Google gives me the impression this is not an uncommon issue. * I've tried the suggestion of deselecting the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. That's not working for me. I'm looking for a way to troubleshoot and fix this issue. *...
  9. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...
  10. From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...

From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...: Hey guys. New to these forums, long time computer nerd scratching my head how to troubleshoot this one. My Asus ROG G750JS is a great machine ... Just updated to the anniversary update... This problem has been something ive struggled with endlessly. My laptop support...