Windows 10: No sound after the October Win 10 update

Discus and support No sound after the October Win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Since the last update for Windows 10, I have had no sound. The troubleshooter has found nothing, and in the Playback menu in Sounds, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewParker6, Oct 11, 2018.

1. No sound after the October Win 10 update

Hi all,

Since the last update for Windows 10, I have had no sound. The troubleshooter has found nothing, and in the Playback menu in Sounds, there are "no audio devices installed".

In the Device Manager, I have Intel (R) Display Audio listed under sound. I have searched for updated drivers, and unable to find any. I have uninstalled it, restarted the PC and reinstalled, but hasn't worked. Under "other devices" is Intel High Definition Audio and Intel High Definition DSP. When searching for updated drivers through the Device Manager, it is unable to find anything at all - they do have a little warning label on their icon, however.

I have also tried uninstalling the update, again, to no avail.

Please help!

:)

AndrewParker6, Oct 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after the October Win 10 update :p

cadaveca, Oct 13, 2018
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 13, 2018
  4. No sound after the October Win 10 update

Losing sound Win 10 x64

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on
      OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Method 2 : Uninstall sound adapter driver from the Device Manager, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Sound, video and game controller, expand it, right click on the
      sound device and select Uninstall.
    Restart the computer after the successful
    uninstallation of sound Device.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

No sound after the October Win 10 update

1. No sound after the October Win 10 update - Similar Threads - sound October update

2. NO SOUND AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SOUND AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE: Well,after update to win 10 i dont have sound,near the sound icon theres a red cross.When i go to device manager and find sound video game controlers there are two high definition audio devices,both are digitaly signed by microsoft.Then when i click on first device and go to...
  3. No WIN 10 October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No WIN 10 October 2018 update: I just tried to use a new feature in Lightroom CC and got an error message that said that it would only function with the October 2018 WIN 10 update. When I checked my computer the last recorded update (although there are many many more recent security updates) was June 6,...
  4. Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809: Recently i installed windows 10 1809 from 1803 . During startup i found a crack or tweak sound (once or twice) other than normal processor sound , every time i restart system. On previous versions it wasn't heard . Should i uninstall it or wait for updates ? ***Title...
  5. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

No sound after Win 10 1809 update: Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I...
  6. No sound since October Windows 10 update

No sound since October Windows 10 update: I'm NOT tech savvy at all, so I'm about to lose my mind. Ever since the Windows 10 update in October, Windows says that I have no microphone plugged in, although it's plugged in. This is a problem in Zoom (which I use every single day for my work), Facebook, Skype, etc. I...
  7. No Sound after Win 10 Update

No Sound after Win 10 Update: After a recent update, I lost all sound on my laptop. The 'Troubleshoot sound issues' was no help as it told me to disable audio enhancements that I don't have then told me everything is working fine. I reinstalled the sound card drivers, which gave me sound back on...
  8. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...
  9. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...
  10. FYI Win 10 October update MS Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FYI Win 10 October update MS Edge: FYI if you upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018, MS Edge will not work if you disable Internet Protocol version 6. It just won't connect Internet on Edge, but other web browsers including Chrome does work. I can't connect Edge because I need DNS servers using IPv4 only. So...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 october update no sound