Windows 10: No sound after up date

Discus and support No sound after up date in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a update take place and since that time I have not been able to get any sound except on iTunes. Nothing on any other apps, no sound on my AOL.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by I think I can, Aug 15, 2019.

1. No sound after up date

I had a update take place and since that time I have not been able to get any sound except on iTunes. Nothing on any other apps, no sound on my AOL. homepage or YouTube for example. I am running Windows 10 Home.

:)

I think I can, Aug 15, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after up date :p

cadaveca, Aug 15, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 15, 2019
  4. No sound after up date

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

No sound after up date

1. No sound after up date - Similar Threads - sound date

2. Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone: Hi, I see several post and i don´t have the option to 'Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound' checkbox in Windows 10 sound panel control. Really you can´t select this option in current branch 1903? Thanks...
  3. Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping": I was talking with some people and the all of the sudden my sound just quit and then on the bottom hot bar on the sound icon it says "audio service is not running. I went into services and saw that the service call "Windows Audio" i tried to use command prompt but it says...
  4. Sound Volume

Sound Volume: Since the last update on my surface pro, my surface sound volume will not go above about 30% maximum volume when using the docking station connected via serial port and speaker. The results are also the same on the unit if and if I plug in the head phone jack. I have...
  5. No Error Sound on Searches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Error Sound on Searches: I no longer get an error sound on searches. No error sound on searches in Excel. (All other sounds work in Excel.) No error sound in searches done on Firefox. Possibly could have happened in September Tuesday upgrade --- I am not certain about that....
  6. BOSS SOUND SPORT

BOSS SOUND SPORT: HI NOT ABLE TO CONNECCT BOSS SOUND SPORT WITH SURFSCE PRO 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boss-sound-sport/de80d931-17eb-43d6-b584-70ef59c3cb01
  7. Made a recording - no sound in recording because wireless headphone USB was in computer

Made a recording - no sound in recording because wireless headphone USB was in computer: Hi I made a video recording and after I had finished recording I realised the USB for my wireless headphones, which were turned off, was inside the computer. The result is that the recording now has NO sound! It is an urgent recording and I was wondering if by some...
  8. Action Center, Network, Sound icons, and Date/Time in system tray unresponsive to...

Action Center, Network, Sound icons, and Date/Time in system tray unresponsive to...: Hi, The subject line pretty much explains the issue. When I left-click on any of the icons mentioned, nothing happens, meaning I can't use any of the interfaces connected with these because they don't open. Just to clarify, none of these are missing, and they behave...
  9. THIS SOUNDS DUMB HOW DO I FIND A BACK UP TO A DIFFERENT DATE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    THIS SOUNDS DUMB HOW DO I FIND A BACK UP TO A DIFFERENT DATE: HOW DO I FIND BACK UP TO A DIFFERENT DATE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-sounds-dumb-how-do-i-find-a-back-up-to-a/17f1b19c-43b2-4cb1-9c05-f320cb6ad7c1"
  10. PC randomly crashing to black screen with sound. All drivers up to date

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly crashing to black screen with sound. All drivers up to date: Basically my issue is my PC is crashing to a black screen as if my monitor disconnected but I can still hear audio and it tends to happen at random. I suspect mostly when I have a video open in Chrome but I can't confirm that. I've gone through my drivers and can't find...