Windows 10: No sound after updating to 1903

Discus and support No sound after updating to 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I finally got 1903 update but after it was installed I had no sound (there was some notification which led to Windows to mess up my sound settings)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by intusr, Nov 5, 2019.

1. intusr Win User

No sound after updating to 1903

So I finally got 1903 update but after it was installed I had no sound (there was some notification which led to Windows to mess up my sound settings) and tried changing settings and place of speakers plug in soundcard but no avail.

Sounds worked just fine in 1809 and before so 1903 broke something.

Soundcard is old Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS and it is set default (despite Windows often wanting to change it to display (no speakers) or display card (Radeon)).

Driver is latest which Creative offers for that legacy card.

Had same problem once but that was Win 7 era and don't remember what I had to change for sounds to return.

Windows (or any OS) in home use is quite crippled.

:)

intusr, Nov 5, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after updating to 1903 :p

cadaveca, Nov 5, 2019
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 5, 2019
  4. No sound after updating to 1903

Sound gone with Win10 1903 update

Hi Mustafa2359016,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to follow this steps once upgraded to Windows 1903:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Audio controller"

4. Right click on your SB X-Fi Extreme

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then check if the sound then works.

StefanoTamiotti, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

No sound after updating to 1903

1. No sound after updating to 1903 - Similar Threads - sound updating 1903

2. Sound lost after Windows update to 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound lost after Windows update to 1903: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 that lost its sound. After the latest update I no longer have a "Speaker" output under my sound devices. The device is a SB X-Fi, connected to simple speakers. I've followed many various threads on how to fix (disable/re-enable,...
  3. Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update

Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update: Hi, I updated my Windows 10 (1809) to 1903 and my subwoofer no longer works. The configuration is the same on the realtek panel and the subwoofer seems to be connected. It simply works as stereo and 5.1 surround sound does not work. How can I solve this problem? Thank you....
  4. 1903 update lost sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update lost sound: After Win 10 uptade to 1903, I lost the sound of the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-lost-sound/4780b6ed-9e37-4cff-89cc-bd956bba0910
  5. No sound after updated to version 1903 since last month

No sound after updated to version 1903 since last month: I met some audio issues since windows update to version 1903. I tried to update all my drivers, restart windows audio services also didn't work. When I try to run test tone, it prompted 'failed to play test tone!'. I ran the audio troubleshooter and it shows audio device not...
  6. no hdmi sound after windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hdmi sound after windows 10 update 1903: My laptop updated windows 10 last week but since then I have been unable to play sound through my hdmi cable to my tv. This means I can't watch netflix or youtube videos. I had a look in the Sound box and then at Playback. In that box only my computer speakers appear. My tv...
  7. After updating to Version 1903 noticing unbalanced sound

After updating to Version 1903 noticing unbalanced sound: I have tested this with multiple computers and speakers. After updating to Windows 10 version 1903, I have noticed that all sound output is more louder on the right speaker than the left. I have been adjusting the Balance in the 'Levels' tab so that it sounds equal, but is...
  8. HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903

HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903: Hi guys i have a problem with my laptop asus. No sound in my TV and just showing video. This happen when i update my windows to 1903. Before i update work fine no prob. I can't roll back. I'm search this problem Youtube anything it doesn't work. MY VGA was lastest updated...
  9. Update 1903 Sound Peoblem

Update 1903 Sound Peoblem: I have just updated to 1903, OS build 18362.145, and have lost all sound. I have a Creative PCIe SB X-Fi Titanium, that was working perfectly on build 1809. I have: 1. Run all Windows 10 built-in tests, no errors found. 2. Run Creative Diagnostics, no errors...
  10. update 1903 sound problem

update 1903 sound problem: I have just updated to 1903, and have lost all sound. I have a Creative Audigy2 ZS Pro, yes, I know it's old, but it was working perfectly on build 1809. After this 1903 update, no sound, so I went back to 1809, and hey presto, I got my sound back. I then tried the very...