Windows 10: No sound after upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support No sound after upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my toshiba satellite L755 laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and now I have no sound. All drivers are up to date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobmain1, Dec 29, 2020.

1. bobmain1 Win User

No sound after upgrade to windows 10

I upgraded my toshiba satellite L755 laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and now I have no sound. All drivers are up to date.

:)

bobmain1, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Sound Quality / Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi J,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the
      Speakers
      . Double-click on it to open its Properties window.
    • Got to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either of the following: 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz. Depending on the speaker configuration.
    If that won't work, follow these steps on how to scan for hardware changes:

• Go to Start menu, search for Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you download the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from your PC's manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound after upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound upgrade

2. My monitor sound doesn't work after upgrading my GPU, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor sound doesn't work after upgrading my GPU, why?: Hello Microsoft...This issue with my monitor sound have been happening for quite some time, even before upgrading my RTX 2060 to RTX 4080, the sound of it work some days and most of it not.I tried updating my drivers and everything says its up to date, even external...
  3. My monitor sound doesn't work after upgrading my GPU, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor sound doesn't work after upgrading my GPU, why?: Hello Microsoft...This issue with my monitor sound have been happening for quite some time, even before upgrading my RTX 2060 to RTX 4080, the sound of it work some days and most of it not.I tried updating my drivers and everything says its up to date, even external...
  4. Blackshark v2 PRO 2023 no stereo sound after windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackshark v2 PRO 2023 no stereo sound after windows 11 upgrade: Hi! I recently bought a new PC, had the mentioned headset paired via Bluetooth, and had 2 separate channels. One for Stereo sound, the other for hands-free, which is noticeably lower quality. With the upgrade to Windows 11, I've lost those options, there's only 1 device, and...
  5. Blackshark v2 PRO 2023 no stereo sound after windows 11 upgrade

Blackshark v2 PRO 2023 no stereo sound after windows 11 upgrade: Hi! I recently bought a new PC, had the mentioned headset paired via Bluetooth, and had 2 separate channels. One for Stereo sound, the other for hands-free, which is noticeably lower quality. With the upgrade to Windows 11, I've lost those options, there's only 1 device, and...
  6. After upgrade to Win 11 have no sound on wireless headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrade to Win 11 have no sound on wireless headset: After upgrade to Win 11 have no sound on wireless headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrade-to-win-11-have-no-sound-on-wireless/1dd10d4c-5a53-4e60-b3b5-1eff393c44fe
  7. After upgrade to Win 11 have no sound on wireless headset

After upgrade to Win 11 have no sound on wireless headset: After upgrade to Win 11 have no sound on wireless headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrade-to-win-11-have-no-sound-on-wireless/1dd10d4c-5a53-4e60-b3b5-1eff393c44fe
  8. Windows media player sounds terrible after upgrading to windows 11. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player sounds terrible after upgrading to windows 11. How do I fix this?: I just upgraded to windows 11. Up till now, my windows media player sounded awesome. I use it to connect my sony device. I have an extensive CD collection and most of it is not available on streaming or digital services. So I rely on being able to use my CDs and have...
  9. Windows media player sounds terrible after upgrading to windows 11. How do I fix this?

Windows media player sounds terrible after upgrading to windows 11. How do I fix this?: I just upgraded to windows 11. Up till now, my windows media player sounded awesome. I use it to connect my sony device. I have an extensive CD collection and most of it is not available on streaming or digital services. So I rely on being able to use my CDs and have...
  10. Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 Focusrite Interface

Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 Focusrite Interface: HelloI recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first...