Windows 10: No sound after wake up

Discus and support No sound after wake up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 latest edition. My problem is the following. When I am going to sleep, I set alarm software HotAlarmClock to wake me at 7am, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gedonis, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Gedonis Win User

No sound after wake up

I am using Windows 10 latest edition. My problem is the following. When I am going to sleep, I set alarm software HotAlarmClock to wake me at 7am, and then I put my PC to hibernation or sleep mode. In the morning, the computer is awakening, but there is no sound before logging in. After logging, I see that HotAlarmClock is started already, and the song is playing several minutes. I am admin on my PC.

How to enable sounds before logging in?

:)

Gedonis, Apr 14, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after wake up :p

cadaveca, Apr 14, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 14, 2020
  4. No sound after wake up

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

No sound after wake up

1. No sound after wake up - Similar Threads - sound wake

2. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  3. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  4. windows 11 when waking from sleep and changing app with the mouse a music sound comes up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 when waking from sleep and changing app with the mouse a music sound comes up.: When I wake up my PC running Windows 11 Pro V. 22H2 with keyboard or mouse a music sound comes up it also happens when changing apps. Tried the sound troubleshooter but did not find any problems. Also tried the Personalization->Themes ->Sound and searched for the music sound...
  5. windows 11 when waking from sleep and changing app with the mouse a music sound comes up.

windows 11 when waking from sleep and changing app with the mouse a music sound comes up.: When I wake up my PC running Windows 11 Pro V. 22H2 with keyboard or mouse a music sound comes up it also happens when changing apps. Tried the sound troubleshooter but did not find any problems. Also tried the Personalization->Themes ->Sound and searched for the music sound...
  6. Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up: There's been an ongoing issue where if my computer goes into sleep mode and then wakes up, there is a consistent stuttering about every 1.7 seconds in any Bluetooth speaker or headset. The sound works completely fine before the computer goes to sleep. Restarting the computer...
  7. Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up

Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up: There's been an ongoing issue where if my computer goes into sleep mode and then wakes up, there is a consistent stuttering about every 1.7 seconds in any Bluetooth speaker or headset. The sound works completely fine before the computer goes to sleep. Restarting the computer...
  8. Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can't click anywhere upon waking from sleep, and USB sound card stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click anywhere upon waking from sleep, and USB sound card stops working: When any of my PCs wake from sleep, I can't click anywhere unless I tap Ctrl+Alt+Del and open Task Manager so I return to the desktop. Sometimes this solves the issues; sometimes it doesn't and I have to restart the PC from the prompt that appears when Ctrl+Alt+Del is...
  10. Can't click anywhere upon waking from sleep, and USB sound card stops working

Can't click anywhere upon waking from sleep, and USB sound card stops working: When any of my PCs wake from sleep, I can't click anywhere unless I tap Ctrl+Alt+Del and open Task Manager so I return to the desktop. Sometimes this solves the issues; sometimes it doesn't and I have to restart the PC from the prompt that appears when Ctrl+Alt+Del is...