Windows 10: No sound after waking up from sleep mode when audio is through my monitors.

Discus and support No sound after waking up from sleep mode when audio is through my monitors. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; First - I haven't been able to find a community answer that works for this, if you have one, please direct me. Hi, After waking up from sleep mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by klrphx, Apr 19, 2020.

1. klrphx Win User

No sound after waking up from sleep mode when audio is through my monitors.

First - I haven't been able to find a community answer that works for this, if you have one, please direct me.

Hi,

After waking up from sleep mode, there is no audio which runs through either monitor display port connection.

- Audio works correctly after a restart, once it goes to sleep again it will have the same issue though.

- Through other audio outputs multiple audio out jacks sounds works fine waking up from sleep. I can change audio output from monitors to headphones and the headphones will work after waking up, I switch back to the monitor based .

For work from home reasons, I've set up my two monitors to run on my personal PC and my work laptop Mac OS. Sound works fine when I switch to the HDMI connection through the macbook.

Audio is running through Display Port cables from my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. I run two Dell s2716dg monitors. I'm using the audio out on the monitor to a set of z533 Logitech speakers.

Thanks for your help,

Keith

I've run this full suggested check list to no avail:

1. Check your speaker output

Checked

2. Run the audio troubleshooter

Ran and restarted at least 3x

3. Verify that all Windows Updates are installed

Verified

4. Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections

Checked

5. Check sound settings

Checked

6. Fix your audio drivers

Uninstalled, reinstalled 2x

7. Set your audio device as the default device

Set

8. Turn off audio enhancements

Turned off, on and back off again with restarts after all

9. Restart Audio Services

Windows Audio - restarted

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder - restarted

Remote Procedure Call RPC - running w/out ability to restart see screen shot below

10. Try different audio formats

Tried

11. Restart to apply installed updates

Resarted. A Lot.

12. Check for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC in Device Manager

Not available in Device Manager

No sound after waking up from sleep mode when audio is through my monitors. 887c0250-9e47-44c3-b314-da3c7be771ea?upload=true.png

:)

klrphx, Apr 19, 2020

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 19, 2020
  3. SLB3911 Win User
    Wake up from sleep mode

Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10.

My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will not wake. Any solutions for this problem

SLB3911, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

No sound after waking up from sleep mode when audio is through my monitors. [​IMG]

No sound after waking up from sleep mode when audio is through my monitors. [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound after waking up from sleep mode when audio is through my monitors. - Similar Threads - sound waking sleep

2. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  3. No sound after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  4. Sound problems after waking up from sleep

Sound problems after waking up from sleep: After last update, there is a problem with my workspace, after waking up from sleep, there is no sound and when I put headphones, there is a constant annoying loud pinping. Even disabling/reinstalling drivers doesn't help. Only restarting, and after sleep it goes again......
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  6. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor. ***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after...
  7. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  8. Monitor not turn on after my desktop wake up from sleeping mode

Monitor not turn on after my desktop wake up from sleeping mode: Hi guys, As mentioned in the title, my monitor won't turn on when my desktop woke up from sleeping mode. I need to press the on and off button on my monitor in order to wake it up. When my desktop went into sleeping mode, my monitor will go into sleeping mode as well...
  9. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  10. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...