Windows 10: No sound after Win 10 1809 update

Discus and support No sound after Win 10 1809 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SRay363, Dec 29, 2018.

1. SRay363 Win User

No sound after Win 10 1809 update

Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I have, but I'd rather not have to turn on my computer twice each time I want to hear anything. The NVIDIA audio drivers make no difference.

Is there a response other than "reinstall windows" or "do a repair that will uninstall everything"? I've already made peace with the fact that the start menu will never work again, but the sound? That's just insane.

:)

SRay363, Dec 29, 2018

2. Win 10 1803 to 1809 update

Good day one and all.

My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1809 a while back, but my laptop/notebook running Win 10 version 1803 (As of a Check for updates today 15 Nov 2018 6:30 AM) still hasn't updated to 1809.

I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1809 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension?

Updates in general on the laptop are coming through as available, for example, yesterday (14th Nov 2018) the "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64 based Systems (KB4467702)" arrived and was installed okay.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks

Arturo

arturox---01, Dec 29, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after Win 10 1809 update :p

cadaveca, Dec 29, 2018
  4. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

Update Windows 10 to 1809 manually

It's been a while after Microsoft released an update to fix issues in the initial Windows 10 1809 update. But the page where we can download the updates as standalone packages still has a hole instead of download link to the 1809.17763.1 version package:

No sound after Win 10 1809 update IrC85.png

Windows 10 Update Assistant page is useless as well, since it offers to download April 2018 Update, lol.

So, I can't update my 1803.17134.376 to 1809 even after more than a month since it's initially was released.

(Of course, "drastically improved" Windows Update doesn't suggest the 1809 update, too. Actually, it has been never working on this Win 10 copy, so I used to download all the updates manually via the first link in this post.)

Has anybody figured out a way of how to manually update from 1803 to 1809?

Without hardcore stuff, please, like making bootable media which potentially would have a great chance of destroying the currently installed Win 10 copy No sound after Win 10 1809 update :)

UPDATE: I was completely confused by that "Microsoft recommends" wording near the 1809 update on that page and some top articles in Google saying that it was released and ready for production with that quick patch. So, this question is from this confusion.

Thanks to comments below and @music2myear answer, it's clear now that 1809 is still not released. So, there is no point in update attempts (at least for me) at the moment.

Alexander Abakumov, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

No sound after Win 10 1809 update

1. No sound after Win 10 1809 update - Similar Threads - sound 1809 update

2. NO SOUND AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SOUND AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE: Well,after update to win 10 i dont have sound,near the sound icon theres a red cross.When i go to device manager and find sound video game controlers there are two high definition audio devices,both are digitaly signed by microsoft.Then when i click on first device and go to...
  3. Win 10 Explorer glitch after 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Explorer glitch after 1809 update.: Hey all. Hopefully someone can help as I've reached the end of kmy knowledge. Computer auto updated to latest version and since it updated I have had an unusable computer. In standard mode the screen flashes repeatedly and none of the icons / start bar respond. It...
  4. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...
  5. WIN 1809 UPDATE

WIN 1809 UPDATE: I JUST UPDATED TO WIN 1809 ON TWO COMPUTERS BUT A THIRD ONE, I JUST UPDATED TO 1803 OCT 2018 VER. IT DOES NOT FIND AN UPDATE TO 1809 WHEN I GO TO WIN UPDATE, SAYS I'M UP TO DATE AS OF TODAYS DATE AND IT IS JAN 2019...
  6. No Sound after Win 10 Update

No Sound after Win 10 Update: After a recent update, I lost all sound on my laptop. The 'Troubleshoot sound issues' was no help as it told me to disable audio enhancements that I don't have then told me everything is working fine. I reinstalled the sound card drivers, which gave me sound back on...
  7. No sound after the October Win 10 update

No sound after the October Win 10 update: Hi all, Since the last update for Windows 10, I have had no sound. The troubleshooter has found nothing, and in the Playback menu in Sounds, there are "no audio devices installed". In the Device Manager, I have Intel (R) Display Audio listed under sound. I have searched...
  8. No sound after windows update 1809

No sound after windows update 1809: Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the issue until i turn off/restart the computer then no sound again? Can't seem to find the option to roll back on the update....
  9. iTune Error after Win 10 update 1809

iTune Error after Win 10 update 1809: [ATTACH] After updating Win 10 to 1809, iTunes no longer loads with this error message. Any solutions? Not long lectures as though I have a PhD in Computer Programming!...
  10. Win 10 update 1809

Win 10 update 1809: Printer (wifi) will not print. I troubleshooted, reconnected printer with wifi. Error printing. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-update-1809/99efbbf6-1d7a-4d11-86c6-d1fc3e8d6c43

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound disabled after WIN10 1803 upgrade

2. my laptop can play sounds after update 1809

3. win10 1809 no audio

4. sound driver in windows build 1809,
  5. no sound after the update 1809,
  6. after 1809 sound does not work