Windows 10: No sound after Win 10 Home reboot

Discus and support No sound after Win 10 Home reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HP Desktop processor: ADM A-10-5700 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 3.40GHz The speakers were working fine before I did a complete back to basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KEITHHAMPSON, May 11, 2019.

1. No sound after Win 10 Home reboot

HP Desktop

processor: ADM A-10-5700 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 3.40GHz

The speakers were working fine before I did a complete back to basic reboot of Win 10.

(I did the reboot because I was getting a blue screen several times a day that pop up says "Kernel mode trap" and I tried a lot of fixes to get of it with no luck).

I still get the notice "speaker setup (unknown).

I have tried every fix online advice and MSN and HP with no luck.

Is there any help out there?

:)

KEITHHAMPSON, May 11, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after Win 10 Home reboot :p

cadaveca, May 11, 2019
  3. No sound after every reboot in windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 11, 2019
  4. No sound after Win 10 Home reboot

No sound after upgrading to Win 10

After extremely painful upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10, which took wiping system and starting from clean install, which still had issues, I lost multiple drivers, lost network adapter, and sound. After battling for a day finally got network adapter back
    working but still no sound. I have tried all of the suggestions already listed and nothing works. I've uninstalled devices, rebooted, tried reinstalling from original drivers disk but no joy. Found multiple site that want me to pay for the correct drivers
    but since Microsoft Windows is what caused the issue, Microsoft should provide the solution. Is there a location where I can download and install, for NO charge, any drivers that are now missing due to the Win 10 upgrade?

KennethGordineer, May 11, 2019
Thema:

No sound after Win 10 Home reboot

1. No sound after Win 10 Home reboot - Similar Threads - sound Home reboot

2. Win 10 Home Local account password un-changes after a reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Home Local account password un-changes after a reboot: Hi,I'm a tech at a repair shop. I have a customer's machine that will not maintain a password change on a local account.Windows 10 Home is fully updated. The Administrator account is not password protected, and I'm able to change the primary account "Jon" password to blank or...
  3. Win 10 Home Local account password un-changes after a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home Local account password un-changes after a reboot: Hi,I'm a tech at a repair shop. I have a customer's machine that will not maintain a password change on a local account.Windows 10 Home is fully updated. The Administrator account is not password protected, and I'm able to change the primary account "Jon" password to blank or...
  4. Win 10 Home Local account password un-changes after a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 home reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 home reboots by itself: Hi,I am so sick and tired of having my home computer asking to update something, even if I refuse, I leave for 30', yet when I get back my pc is rebooting- the updates cannot be done for some reason so it rolls back and reboot like 10 times- it is a HOME PC, MY COMPUTER !! I...
  6. Win 10 home reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 home reboots by itself: Hi,I am so sick and tired of having my home computer asking to update something, even if I refuse, I leave for 30', yet when I get back my pc is rebooting- the updates cannot be done for some reason so it rolls back and reboot like 10 times- it is a HOME PC, MY COMPUTER !! I...
  7. Win 10 home reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. NO SOUND AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SOUND AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE: Well,after update to win 10 i dont have sound,near the sound icon theres a red cross.When i go to device manager and find sound video game controlers there are two high definition audio devices,both are digitaly signed by microsoft.Then when i click on first device and go to...
  9. No sound after reboot in Windows 10

No sound after reboot in Windows 10: At some point my sound in windows disappeared. I can't be sure what caused it but I am sure it happened directly after a skype meetingskype for business where I used skype for the first time with my mic instead of my phone. After many hours of searching and trying the...
  10. No Sound after Win 10 Update

No Sound after Win 10 Update: After a recent update, I lost all sound on my laptop. The 'Troubleshoot sound issues' was no help as it told me to disable audio enhancements that I don't have then told me everything is working fine. I reinstalled the sound card drivers, which gave me sound back on...