Windows 10: no sound after windows 10 update

Discus and support no sound after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated windows 10 on 11th September 2019 and now have no sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColinDowse, Aug 13, 2019.

1. no sound after windows 10 update

I updated windows 10 on 11th September 2019 and now have no sound

:)

ColinDowse, Aug 13, 2019

2. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

no sound after windows 10 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

no sound after windows 10 update

1. no sound after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - sound update

2. Sound problems after new update august 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problems after new update august 2019: Hi I've been having problems with sound on my Windows 10 HP computer, since around a week back. Sometimes the headphones work and not the speakers, sometimes the speaker work but not the headphones, sometimes neither work, sometimes both work perfectly. I cannot predict...
  3. why does my pc need restart before the sound works after latest update - again!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does my pc need restart before the sound works after latest update - again!: Hi why does my pc need restart before the sound works after latest update - again! Microsoft did this before some time ago and fixed it with further updates sometime later. Seems they left these fixes off this time! Nothing has changed on my PC apart from the latest...
  4. Windows Update not restoring DTS Sound driver after reset

Windows Update not restoring DTS Sound driver after reset: Windows 10 Version 1809 Reset has been done in order to fix a number of small issues, but upon restart, I do not have the drivers for my integrated sound card, and thus I have no sound coming out of it. I only know that I had DTS Soud+ installed before...
  5. Windows update sound gone and outlook task gone in the outlook Today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update sound gone and outlook task gone in the outlook Today: is there more to be said? can't stop these damn updates. we are **** ginny pigs for Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-sound-gone-and-outlook-task-gone-in/df65fe7f-8142-460c-8a6a-21baf0e0d55b
  6. loss of sound after Windows 10 update

loss of sound after Windows 10 update: I have updated my Windows 10 and now my Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming will not play any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound-after-windows-10-update/4c8f4bce-3058-4c7c-b619-7ef0be798b5c
  7. Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound

Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound: I have literally done EVERYTHING to fix the sound issues I'm having with Windows. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek drivers numerous times; uninstalled ALL sound drivers and reinstalled only Realtek drivers; I've used a different line in; I've used different...
  8. Update 1903 Major Sound Bug?

Update 1903 Major Sound Bug?: Hi, so i just recently updated my Windows to 1903 a week back, but i never really thought that it would affect anything in my system or drivers itself. After the Update's been done and processed in my PC, i detected that my sound quality coming from my headset was low, i...
  9. Latest windows 10 update caused my sound to be less quality and more quiet than usual

Latest windows 10 update caused my sound to be less quality and more quiet than usual: Hello, i just followed my computer’s instructions for a software update along with an update with my AMD graphics drivers. My sound volume before the update was crystal clear and worked completely fine but now I find myself having to listen sound at all the way to 100%. I...
  10. why my creative sound blaster card is not detected and showing in windows10 updated

why my creative sound blaster card is not detected and showing in windows10 updated: is not seen in device & application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-creative-sound-blaster-card-is-not-detected/bdf2ba11-3e9d-4f50-b503-4653f959456e