Windows 10: No sound after windows update 1809

Discus and support No sound after windows update 1809 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by greenelf1967, Oct 8, 2018.

1. No sound after windows update 1809

Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the issue until i turn off/restart the computer then no sound again? Can't seem to find the option to roll back on the update.

:)

greenelf1967, Oct 8, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 8, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound after windows update 1809 :p

cadaveca, Oct 8, 2018
  4. No sound after windows update 1809

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

No sound after windows update 1809

1. No sound after windows update 1809 - Similar Threads - sound update 1809

2. No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.: My I have 3 machines (1 desktop + 2 x laptops) all which were running the same version of Windows 10 Pro 1803. The desktop PC was the first to update from 1803 to 1809 (updated in the background while I was working), and the 2 laptops I had to force the updates to 1809. All...
  3. No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809

No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809: Hi after updating to both windows 10 1903 and then 1909 my Creative Audigy 2 zs platinum Pro sound card will not omit any sound. Even the on board Realtek sound will not work too. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, using the latest drivers, enabling/...
  4. No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update

No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update: Hi all, I have had my Yeti Mic for some time with no problems. In fact, many of the web meetings comment on how clear my voice is. Recently, the mic no longer functions and it is NOT a privacy setting which I did check. The device is recognized and can be seen in Device...
  5. No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809

No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809: No sound after installing 1809. Ran trouble shooter for the volume and it didn't do any good, I'm not surprised. I restarted… no good. Any more ideas??? James...
  6. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...
  7. Windows 10 Update after 1809 update NO SOUND whilst switching users

Windows 10 Update after 1809 update NO SOUND whilst switching users: Hi, Since I installed 1809 update I have had issues with sound, i.e. NO SOUND.I have done ALL the options available to me via various websites, yet when switching between users on my PC (We have 5 users) the sound gets lost...I have even installed a new Sound card thinking...
  8. Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809: Recently i installed windows 10 1809 from 1803 . During startup i found a crack or tweak sound (once or twice) other than normal processor sound , every time i restart system. On previous versions it wasn't heard . Should i uninstall it or wait for updates ? ***Title...
  9. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

No sound after Win 10 1809 update: Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I...
  10. After 1809 update there's a constant issues with disappearing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After 1809 update there's a constant issues with disappearing sound: Steps: 1. Create 2 users 2. Login as User 2 3. Wait till PC go sleeping 4. Start PC 5. Login as User 1 Error => No sound (except in dialogs for sound configuration) Woraround: reboot PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound after 1809 update

2. windows 10 1809 update no sound

3. Windows 1809 no sound

4. no sound on surface pro 6 after update 1809,
  5. win 10 1809 no sound,
  6. no sound after windows update1809,
  7. x-fi code 39 after windows update to 1809,
  8. sound does not work after windows update 1809,
  9. cracking sound windows 10 1809,
  10. no audio windows 1809*,
  11. windows 1809 update sound issues,