Windows 10: no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update

Discus and support no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after the july 2018 update i have no sound from my speakers. tried to trouble shoot and update drivers but they seem to be working fine. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by peterhughes4, Jul 13, 2018.

1. no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update

after the july 2018 update i have no sound from my speakers. tried to trouble shoot and update drivers but they seem to be working fine. Please help!!!!

:)

peterhughes4, Jul 13, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update :p

cadaveca, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 update July 2017

Hello Meg,

it will tell you it was they last update on the computer. It should be the first recover option on the list, I only had one option to select.

Although my backup date was July 17, 2017.

Yours may be similar?

good luck Meg!

jeffreyalthouse, Jul 13, 2018
  4. no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update

1. no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update - Similar Threads - sound AGAIN july

2. No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018: Why do I loss sound after the Windows 10 Oct 2018 update.? Even with the updated update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-update-oct-2018/4844094d-87f9-47f1-ba26-a30bf7fcf929
  3. No Sound/devices after Windows latest Update, July 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound/devices after Windows latest Update, July 2018: What a nightmare! I'm really at the end of my rope here. Does anyone have a solution for getting the sound devices working again on my computer? The latest update in July 2018 did quite a bit of damage to my PC that I use for recording music using Pro Tools as a DAW. This...
  4. .NET Framework July 2018 Update available

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Framework July 2018 Update available: Today, we released the July 2018 Update that fixes an issue in .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5, 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2. We recommend that you apply this update if you are experiencing the issue described in the known issues Knowledge Base article 4345913....
  5. Laptop Not Charging After July 2018 Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Not Charging After July 2018 Cumulative Update: Good day. I would like to ask why my laptop sometimes failed to charge after I installed the latest Windows 10 July Cumulative Update and I needed to restart my laptop to charge again. Is the update affecting my charging because the problem only occurred after I installed...
  6. July 2018 BIOS update glitch

July 2018 BIOS update glitch: After update on the BIOS my laptop shows a line of dashes going vertically down the right side of my monitor screen. What do I need to do to fix this?...
  7. July 2018 Update Hung at 30%

July 2018 Update Hung at 30%: I just had to have my OS re-installed after similar problem with May 2018 update. Last night home Gateway PC had "install and shutdown" message as I went to shut it down. This morning, appears hung at 30%. Arrived to my office and work HP machine shows "restart required...
  8. July 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    July 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in July 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you.To download an update, click the...
  9. Mail app after update July 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app after update July 2018: Anyone has any ideas: Mail app became nonfunctioinal (gmail could neither write nor receive email after a complete windows 10 re-install this continued but now another email account that I have in Outlook 2013 magically appeared in the mail app and could actually send but...
  10. Win 10 update 8th july 2018

Win 10 update 8th july 2018: My ACER laptop running Windows 10 did an update last night. When turning on today after signing in tghere was a blank screen with message 'Personal settings not responding'. Now after signing in it is just a blank screen. Any ideas??...