Windows 10: NO sound allowed

Discus and support NO sound allowed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unless i unplug my HMDI and plug back in my HDMI while the machine is running. I go through all the options looking for the speakers and can not find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christopher Kirk, Jan 16, 2021.

1. NO sound allowed

Unless i unplug my HMDI and plug back in my HDMI while the machine is running. I go through all the options looking for the speakers and can not find it until i do this process. I will have perfect video with no audio and no option to switch my audio output device and there are no drivers other than the base driver for the pc available in selection even though the HDMI is the only output i use other than when i plug in my headset using the dongle which is never connected upon start up cause it goes with my playstation. this time i am finally posting cause i had to restart my pc twice for it not to recognize the HDMI so i unplug while using pc and plug back in and now it can find the audio output. the pc is way in the corner of the room away from everything and the tv is as well. You can not walk within 6 feet of them cause you have to climb the bed and boxes to do so. so no the cord is not just coming loose. PC is about 2 years old and has only been used since about 8 months ago and is not in constant use until last month. this issue didnt start day one of usage either. started a few months ago. only my pc looses the ability to use HDMI audio with the cable. I swapped my high speed HDMI for the xbox one s over to my pc to make sure and nope. same issue. there are no updates available every time i look. both with the audio working and without. this PC just really wants me to use contextant audio and from what i have seen they dont exist as a company yet it is still being pushed on us. I now have gone and just disabled the contextant audio output and lets see if removing microsoft programs helps functionality of the device. last boot up i had no problems. imma try 5 more times and see. anyone else have this issue? maybe you have had better luck than i and know how to remedy this issue

:)

Christopher Kirk, Jan 16, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue NO sound allowed :p

cadaveca, Jan 16, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 16, 2021
  4. NO sound allowed

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

NO sound allowed

1. NO sound allowed - Similar Threads - sound allowed

2. You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!: Microsoft has to be the worst company. Microsoft cannot even design a platform that you can turn the sound up and down. Are you kidding me this is a basic function in computing. It's called sound. But apparently that's too difficult for Microsoft to figure out. So now I have...
  3. You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!: Microsoft has to be the worst company. Microsoft cannot even design a platform that you can turn the sound up and down. Are you kidding me this is a basic function in computing. It's called sound. But apparently that's too difficult for Microsoft to figure out. So now I have...
  4. You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  6. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  7. Am I allowed to use the Windows 95 startup sound and the "Ta-da!" on a podcast?

Am I allowed to use the Windows 95 startup sound and the "Ta-da!" on a podcast?: Hello!Question.Im making a podcast, and I'd like to use the win95 startup sound as the intro sound and the Ta-da! sound separating segments. This is being submitted to NPR, so it will be used publicly. I downloaded the file off of the internet but was not sure abt copyright...
  8. Am I allowed to use the Windows 95 startup sound and the "Ta-da!" on a podcast?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I allowed to use the Windows 95 startup sound and the "Ta-da!" on a podcast?: Hello!Question.Im making a podcast, and I'd like to use the win95 startup sound as the intro sound and the Ta-da! sound separating segments. This is being submitted to NPR, so it will be used publicly. I downloaded the file off of the internet but was not sure abt copyright...
  9. My windows 10 pro does not allow the sound to reach my speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 pro does not allow the sound to reach my speaker: It's been a week since I started using my laptop and today the speakers stopped working. I don't know if it is because of multiple updates that happened or am I still outdated so I started updating again but none works. What to do?...
  10. My windows 10 pro does not allow the sound to reach my speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows 10 pro does not allow the sound to reach my speaker: It's been a week since I started using my laptop and today the speakers stopped working. I don't know if it is because of multiple updates that happened or am I still outdated so I started updating again but none works. What to do?...