Windows 10: No sound and cannot open stuff after some time

Discus and support No sound and cannot open stuff after some time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So lately Ive put my computer to sleep mode instead of turning it off, but I wasnt at my computer a few days and then this happend(I was last night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IcyPaladin, Oct 24, 2016.

1. No sound and cannot open stuff after some time

So lately Ive put my computer to sleep mode instead of turning it off, but I wasnt at my computer a few days and then this happend(I was last night when this happend so 2 days ago and everything worked fine)

But now when I listen to music and play GTA or something, after playing when I try to watch YouTube or listen to music it doesnt start, also when I open something that needs admin rights it doesnt make windows sounds or anything

When I log off and log back in it is all right, but I dont wanna keep doing that, Ive tried restarting and it doesnt work,

So I decided to open playback devices(Usually it has just switched with my headphones and my monitor[My headphones are Logitech G633]) but this time it doesnt even open(It opens when I log back into windows) but I can see its still using my G633 Headphones when I hold my mouse over the icon

Also yesterday I was having this problem that "The audio service is not running", I fixed it by restarting my computer and unplugging headphones and plugging them in after ive logged in

So I hope someone can help me

Update It happend again and this time unplugging the headphones didnt work

:)

IcyPaladin, Oct 24, 2016
  2. dreamer20 Win User

920 not opening some stuff

i tried this too, nothing... and there is problem with nokia care centers in lithuania, i don't think there is one...

dreamer20, Oct 24, 2016
  3. dreamer20 Win User
    920 not opening some stuff

my 920 suddenly failed to open texting, i restarted it and everything was alright, but after few times of doing this it got worse. restarting phone doesn't really help and now i can't enter texting, settings, calling, internet, games and i don't know, maybe
    more stuff... i tried to soft reset and hard reset but it's not really helpful... maybe there are other ways to fix that?

dreamer20, Oct 24, 2016
  4. No sound and cannot open stuff after some time

Also when I try to restart windows audio in services.msc it says "Windows could not stop the Windows Audio Service on local computer. Error 1053: The service didnot respond or restart in a timely fashion"

IcyPaladin, Oct 24, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    A service most likely got screwed up somehow when it probably woke up out of S3 state and then went back to sleep. Go into device manager and remove the driver and device for the sound device. Reboot and let windows reinstall the default driver to see if it works. While you are at it, do a standard Anti-Malware scan with Malwarebytes.

bro67, Oct 24, 2016
  6. This wouldve been a great idea, but I was like "Aint no one gonna help me" so I did a clean install

GG

IcyPaladin, Oct 24, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Actually it would have helped instead of reinstalling the OS. In order to fix problems you have to follow the steps. Otherwise it wastes the time of those of us who volunteer our own time in helping others on here. Mark this as solved, since you did not really fix the problem.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No sound and cannot open stuff after some time

1. No sound and cannot open stuff after some time - Similar Threads - sound cannot open

2. PC starts opening programs very slowly after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC starts opening programs very slowly after some time: Hey, Since a couple weeks ago my laptop is acting very weird, after running for some time it starts to open programs very slowly, like very very slowly, a couple minutes slowly, also restart/shutdown/sleep options in start menu don't work, Ctr-Alt-Del also takes a couple...
  3. PC starts opening programs very slowly after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC starts opening programs very slowly after some time: Hey, Since a couple weeks ago my laptop is acting very weird, after running for some time it starts to open programs very slowly, like very very slowly, a couple minutes slowly, also restart/shutdown/sleep options in start menu don't work, Ctr-Alt-Del also takes a couple...
  4. PC starts opening programs very slowly after some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot open sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open sound settings: I recently had to factory reset my computer, but ever since i reinstalled windows I can no longer open the settings from the taskbar. This is important because I have a goxlr and I no longer access the 'app volume and devices preferences', so I can't assign different apps to...
  6. Cant Click some stuff after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Click some stuff after updating to windows 10: Recently, I haven't been able to click some menu in windows 10 such as settings, or error pop up windows. I can use my keyboard to navigate and close it though. Any one have this issue and was able to fix it? submitted by /u/peteryunsie [link] [comments]...
  7. some folders cannot open or delete, they will disappear after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some folders cannot open or delete, they will disappear after restart: it occors too frequently; how can i remove these folters without restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-folders-cannot-open-or-delete-they-will/62ef26f1-c67b-47a6-a7ca-5280f97a3b65
  8. Cannot open stuff in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open stuff in Windows 10: So just today, I waked my PC up from Hibernation when I was gone for 1 hour. I cannot open any downloads or some programs now, like drivers, WindowsBlind 10, Mozilla( I think chrome but it's automatic bootup.) etc. Recently, also, one of my USB ports either: Is fried OR...
  9. Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove.: I have this unknown service called 'NDE4OWM5Z' which keeps starting up again after some time, and even after rebooting my computer. The service is presumably some kind of adware, because for every Google search which I do, the first 5 results are ads which lead to malicious...
  10. Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?: I had to reset my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573), Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After some time the sound, e.g. music (played with a music player program) is turned off automatically and the amplifier plugged in in the HDMI socket of the Notebook, a Pioneer VSX-830-K,...