Windows 10: no sound at all on w10 home

Discus and support no sound at all on w10 home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; gateway nv53 laptop with conexant hd sound has no sound at all everything appears normal no yellow marks in device mgr uninstall/reinstall or update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stv357, Nov 30, 2015.

1. stv357 Win User

no sound at all on w10 home

gateway nv53 laptop with conexant hd sound has no sound at all
    everything appears normal
    no yellow marks in device mgr
    uninstall/reinstall or update driver no effect
    was working fine till windows updates
    even microsoft tech couldnt figure it out
    any help would be appreciated

:)

stv357, Nov 30, 2015

2. Sound Blaster Recon 3Di (no sound at all; for anything)

Hi Jessica,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?
    • Are you getting any error message while playing audio?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Sound Blaster Recon 3Di (no sound at all; for anything)

Hi. I have a an Alienware m17x which was working fine up until I got the Windows 10 update & the sound wasn't working & then maybe a month later just started working on it's own without edit or downloads.

Now all of a sudden over night (without any changes) I have no sound AGAIN! I don't know what the heck is going on but it's starting to seriously tick me off. Someone please help! I really need assistance to resolve this issue. This is beyond frustrating!!

Thank you! no sound at all on w10 home :)

JessicaMeow, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Taurean75 Win User

Taurean75, Nov 30, 2015
  5. stv357 Win User
    solution offered was tried didnt workent back to w7 viola sound is fine thanks microsoft

stv357, Dec 1, 2015
  6. fireberd Win User
    If the Conexant is not at least Win 8.1 compatible it may not work in Win 10. I would have deleted the Conexent driver (reboot) and see if Windows installs the generic, basic function, High Definition Audio driver. If it does and you get sound that would confirm that the Conexant hardware is compatible and you need a Win 10 compatible driver. If Windows does not install the High Definition Audio driver then that says the Conexant hardware is not compatible.

fireberd, Dec 1, 2015
  7. stv357 Win User
    sound originally worked windows update killed the sound now nothing works

stv357, Dec 1, 2015
  8. fireberd Win User

I just installed Win 10 (1511 version) on a Lenovo Z560 Ideapad (laptop). There are no Lenovo Conexant Win 8/8.1/10 drivers for this model. I used the Win 7 drivers and installed them using the Win 7 compatibility mode. The Conexant installed OK including System Mixer.

fireberd, Dec 1, 2015
  9. stv357 Win User
    after doing that 3 times the generic hd driver is installed and i now have sound

stv357, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. no sound at all on w10 home - Similar Threads - sound w10 home

2. W10 no notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 no notification sound: Hi,I'm receiving this issue with my computer wherein it is not playing sound on recieving email, virus detection or plugging in or out a device. I don't know why. Pleas help....
  3. W10 no notification sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 no notification sound: Hi,I'm receiving this issue with my computer wherein it is not playing sound on recieving email, virus detection or plugging in or out a device. I don't know why. Pleas help....
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  5. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  6. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  8. W10 Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 Sound: When I start up W10 I have no sound. This occurs daily. When I restart the sound works. What causes this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-sound/54253d6c-1451-4f41-a7b0-f1dfac8c1ac3
  9. gedit.msc for W10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    gedit.msc for W10 Home: Is there a gedit.msc that is works with Windows 10 Home? The ones I found were for Windows 7. (2010, 2011) 158498
  10. W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer: My W10-pro desktop does not show the W10-home on the multiboot laptop in Explorer whatever setting I use but it showed W7-home on that laptop as soon as I switched to it. I can Ping the laptop both in W7-home and W10-home. W10-home on the laptop however showes all shared...