Windows 10: no sound at times

Discus and support no sound at times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi there i have a asus pc with win 10 some times when i turn on pc i ll have the red x by speaker ..i haveto turn off pc then back on sometimes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mickrb22, Jun 11, 2019.

1. mickrb22 Win User

no sound at times

hi there i have a asus pc with win 10 some times when i turn on pc i ll have the red x by speaker ..i haveto turn off pc then back on sometimes it works...also i ll have no sound without the red x...i have not done anything with my pc just the update that come from time to time....i have had the auto fix try and fix it but that doesnt work...i have taken the software out and reinstalled...and will workfor awhile then back to the problems i mentioned..this is very weird...i ll be watching something and the sound stops..i may have to turn pc on/off several times to get this to work.....help me out please...i also have updated the drivers as well

:)

mickrb22, Jun 11, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound at times :p

cadaveca, Jun 11, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 11, 2019
  4. no sound at times

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

no sound at times

1. no sound at times - Similar Threads - sound times

2. My microphone and sound cannot work at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone and sound cannot work at same time: I use headphones and both microphone and sound was wokring on my headset but one day microphone just stopped working i tried to fix it and only one can work at the time when i turn on mic sound is not working when i turn on sound mic is not working...
  3. My microphone and sound cannot work at same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone and sound cannot work at same time: I use headphones and both microphone and sound was wokring on my headset but one day microphone just stopped working i tried to fix it and only one can work at the time when i turn on mic sound is not working when i turn on sound mic is not working...
  4. My microphone and sound cannot work at same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Issue in Windows 10. Every second of a sound is repeating 3 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Issue in Windows 10. Every second of a sound is repeating 3 times: Hey guys I recently upgraded my Laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Whenever I play audio with Spotify app or groove music with my wireless earbuds plugged in every second of audio repeats itself 3-4 times. Even Spotify app does the same even with my laptop's in-built...
  6. Audio Issue in Windows 10. Every second of a sound is repeating 3 times

Audio Issue in Windows 10. Every second of a sound is repeating 3 times: Hey guys I recently upgraded my Laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Whenever I play audio with Spotify app or groove music with my wireless earbuds plugged in every second of audio repeats itself 3-4 times. Even Spotify app does the same even with my laptop's in-built...
  7. Audio Issue in Windows 10. Every second of a sound is repeating 3 times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time: So it started with my pc flashing black screen and freezing at the same time with the usb sound thing, I already brought it to a technician and they told me my ssd was defective being 87%, they replaced it with a new one but when I came home with it and it's mostly lagging...
  9. Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time

Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time: So it started with my pc flashing black screen and freezing at the same time with the usb sound thing, I already brought it to a technician and they told me my ssd was defective being 87%, they replaced it with a new one but when I came home with it and it's mostly lagging...
  10. Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging