Windows 10: No sound/ audio device

Discus and support No sound/ audio device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I accidentally shut my laptop while it was updating now I have no sound at all. I have tried multiple fixes, and some of them I can’t even try because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by madi pinnell, Dec 25, 2019.

1. No sound/ audio device

I accidentally shut my laptop while it was updating now I have no sound at all. I have tried multiple fixes, and some of them I can’t even try because there is “no audio device installed”. I need help very badly and am not sure what to do anymore. Thank you! Windows 10

:)

madi pinnell, Dec 25, 2019

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

No sound/ audio device

Audio Device

Hi Mohammed,

No Audio Output Device can be cause by outdated sound drivers or corrupted sound drivers.

For us to provide the best resolution possible, we suggest following the steps below:

• Run the troubleshooter on this link.
    • If the issue still persists after running the troubleshooter, click on the
      dropdown arrow and follow the steps on the article.
      No sound/ audio device 9ab17df0-48ce-41ff-b651-b79318768141.png

Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

No sound/ audio device

1. No sound/ audio device - Similar Threads - sound audio device

2. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  3. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  4. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  5. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  6. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. LG sound bar not avail as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG sound bar not avail as audio device: My LG Soundbar connects with windows 10 no problem is under BT devices in device manager though only. It should show up under audio devices but it does not. Windows is registering what type of device it is at all. Can’t assign it to com port nothing is just a dead end...
  8. Suddenly No Sound On PC Audio Device

Suddenly No Sound On PC Audio Device: I Can't Play My Music In Windows 10 Music Player. What Gives? Will You Please Help Me Fix This Problem? I Certainly Appreciate It. The Novice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-no-sound-on-pc-audio-device/dbec76cb-bffa-4ac5-bda4-62c6fb297218
  9. My Sound and Audio Device not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Sound and Audio Device not working: I was checking how to install Realtek HD Audio Manager. Via this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4PaR2oAv6U After following those steps. My audio device was now completely stopped working. When I checked at Realtek Audio Console. It was not working. Plz, tell a...
  10. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...