Windows 10: No sound below volume 6/100

Discus and support No sound below volume 6/100 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I lower the volume to 5/100 or lower there is no sound. With headphones on volume 2/100 was loud enough. Within the last week it now goes silent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by S0m3B0dy, May 19, 2020.

1. S0m3B0dy Win User

No sound below volume 6/100

If I lower the volume to 5/100 or lower there is no sound. With headphones on volume 2/100 was loud enough. Within the last week it now goes silent when I turn it down, and 6 is louder then I prefer. Anyone know what this is/how to fix it?

Also this it not the first time it's happened, but I have no idea what fixed it, and at that time I had an inferior pair of headphones and needed it louder anyway.

:)

S0m3B0dy, May 19, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound below volume 6/100 :p

cadaveca, May 19, 2020
  3. EdDuggan Win User
    Windows 10 - Sound Volume Rests to 100%

I may need to relay a bit more info here. This issue pertains to DELL WYSE ThinClients running for HYPER-V. Client OS is WIN 10 PRO 64 bit. The Volume thing has arisen since a new Firmware was released by DELL to address the WIN 10 - 1903 Update. The Firmware
    has caused the Volume to default to 100%. I went thru your list, and Thank You very much, but many of the settings listed do not exist in the ThinClient WINDOWS Control Panel for Sound. I was hoping to across a REGISTRY entry that may help reduce startup Volume
    to 20 or 25%

EdDuggan, May 19, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound below volume 6/100 - Similar Threads - sound below volume

2. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is very low even at 100% volume: Sound is very low even at 100% volume I've been having troubles with my computer's sound settings. My speakers are extremely quiet. I can only hear them extremely low when I raise my volume to 100%. My speaker's volume settings is at maximum as well. All of my wires are...
  3. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is very low even at 100% volume: Sound is very low even at 100% volume I've been having troubles with my computer's sound settings. My speakers are extremely quiet. I can only hear them extremely low when I raise my volume to 100%. My speaker's volume settings is at maximum as well. All of my wires are...
  4. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 volume sounds like 100 no matter what volume it is at

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 volume sounds like 100 no matter what volume it is at: Hello.I noticed this issue a few days ago, and it's very annoying and I haven't been able to find a solution on the internet. No matter what volume my laptop is at, it sounds like it's at 100. It could be at 2%, it will still sound like 100. It could be at 55%, it will still...
  6. Windows 11 volume sounds like 100 no matter what volume it is at

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 volume sounds like 100 no matter what volume it is at: Hello.I noticed this issue a few days ago, and it's very annoying and I haven't been able to find a solution on the internet. No matter what volume my laptop is at, it sounds like it's at 100. It could be at 2%, it will still sound like 100. It could be at 55%, it will still...
  7. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

Sound is very low even at 100% volume: Hello, I've been having troubles with my machine's sound settings. I recently switched to a new desk setup, and on my old desk setup, my speakers were working fine. But when I switched to my new desk setup, the speakers became extremely quiet. I can only hear them modestly...
  8. my volume is at 100% but it sounds like its at 75%

my volume is at 100% but it sounds like its at 75%: Hello, i recently bought a used computer with windows 10 enterprise freshly installed on it. The volume quality is fine it just sounds too low, like its stuck at 75% even though the windows and headset volume are at 100%. Windows is up to date, i tried some things like...
  9. Windows 10 - Sound Volume Rests to 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Sound Volume Rests to 100%: Hello, My Windows 10 PRO, the volume control doesn't save the setting I chose (low): every time I sign out, it goes back to High automatically once I sign in. Would you know how to make it "save" my setting? I found this post and it is the same issue I am experiencing. I...
  10. System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%: I'd like my system sounds slider to stay at 10% of the overall volume. All other volume settings seem to stick. Windows rememebers my overall / winamp / browser etc. volume just fine. Only the system sounds revert to EAR-SPLITTINGLY LOUD at seemingly random times. Sometimes...