Windows 10: No sound but volume is still controllable. Realtek.

Discus and support No sound but volume is still controllable. Realtek. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've entered this forum to find, hopefully, a solution to this issue that is driving me nuts. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, recenty reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markitosd, Apr 1, 2020.

1. markitosd Win User

No sound but volume is still controllable. Realtek.

Hi guys, I've entered this forum to find, hopefully, a solution to this issue that is driving me nuts. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, recenty reinstalled on a tottaly formatted and wiped disk, on an OEM notebook which motherboard is the C15B. I've installed latest Realtek drivers (6.0.8874.1) but the problem it's still there.
    Sound just turns off randomly, no popup, no error messages, just mutes but volume can be controlled as if nothing ever happened. Sometimes reinstalling the driver is the workaround but sometimes not, rebooting the pc also works but the problem happens all over again.
    Any ideas to contribute to my mental health during quarantine? *Tongue
    Thanks in advance!

:)

markitosd, Apr 1, 2020

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Apr 1, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 1, 2020
  4. fonduekid Win User

Nokia 5230 - beep sound during call, volume control not working properly

Dear All,

There is an annoying beep sound (pretty loud) during calls and the volume control is automatically at the maximum. When I try to bring down the volume using the volume control switch on the side, the volume bar slides all the way to the very lowest and not
    in steps.

I tried googling but I could not find anything.

Can someone please suggest what to do? Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

fonduekid, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound but volume is still controllable. Realtek. - Similar Threads - sound volume still

2. Low volume - Windows 10 - Realtek Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low volume - Windows 10 - Realtek Sound: My earphones works perfectly fine on my phone but when I plugged it in on my PC, it produces a very low volume sound. I tried re-installing Realtek, updating it and used the Windows 10 HD audio driver.My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V....
  3. Low volume - Windows 10 - Realtek Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low volume - Windows 10 - Realtek Sound: My earphones works perfectly fine on my phone but when I plugged it in on my PC, it produces a very low volume sound. I tried re-installing Realtek, updating it and used the Windows 10 HD audio driver.My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V....
  4. Low volume - Windows 10 - Realtek Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  6. Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control: For the last week or two, Windows 10 has no sound and no way to control the volume. No way to adjust the volume. The volume control simply doesn't work. The volume control slider doesn't even appear when I click it!!!If I restart my PC, the problem will go away, but after a...
  7. Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control: For the last week or two, Windows 10 has no sound and no way to control the volume. No way to adjust the volume. The volume control simply doesn't work. The volume control slider doesn't even appear when I click it!!!If I restart my PC, the problem will go away, but after a...
  8. Windows 10 No Sound, No Volume Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Realtek Audio already installed but still no sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Audio already installed but still no sound: Hello there.I just want to know how do you solve this damn sound thing? I did everything I could, as you can see Realtek Audio Manager is already installed.And it's still not working. I did the Fresh Start option but it didn't fix the problem.So what am I gonna do now? It...
  10. Realtek 5.1 rear speaker volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek 5.1 rear speaker volume control: Hy.On my MSI GT73 6re laptop I run 3 cables to my receiver to get 5 channel /No sub... yet/My issue is that the rear speakers volume control sound/levels is binary 0%=off, 1%-100%=on, and 1%-100% same volume , and independent from the main volume.It ends up in strange things...