Windows 10: "No Sound Card Was Found"

Discus and support "No Sound Card Was Found" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Earlier today my computer was fine. I was playing a game, my speakers were working, everything was hunky-dory. About three hours ago I went to watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kelsey O'Banion, Dec 28, 2018.

1. "No Sound Card Was Found"

Earlier today my computer was fine. I was playing a game, my speakers were working, everything was hunky-dory.

About three hours ago I went to watch YouTube and surprise! My audio wasn't working. I tried using my headphones at first, then my speakers. Neither worked. I looked to the bottom of my screen to see a red X above the audio icon. I right click and see this:

"No Sound Card Was Found" 4eab44b7-77e4-4bc8-b440-2b26a4c02a8b?upload=true.png

So of course I go to Google. Everything I looked at says to update my driver. I tried going to Device Manager>Sound, Video and Game Controllers, which is where the audio driver would usually be found. But lo and behold, the only things that show up are my bluetooth headset and earbuds:

"No Sound Card Was Found" 83c7b235-e08a-4857-b327-a397457036c7?upload=true.png

And again in the playback devices, the driver or speakers could not be found:

"No Sound Card Was Found" f26d1172-6932-4952-92dd-c136bb84738b?upload=true.png

I went online to find the audio driver for my specific computer (Acer Aspire A515-51) and found I needed a Realtek audio driver (version 6.0.1.8451). I downloaded the driver, installed it, and restarted my computer. Nothing happened.

I ran dxdiag.exe and went into the Sound tab. In the window at the bottom it said "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."

I have had this laptop for not quite a year. I haven't installed any updates recently; I am using Windows 10 version 1803. I need an answer. What happened to my audio driver and how can I fix it????

:)

Kelsey O'Banion, Dec 28, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue "No Sound Card Was Found" :p

cadaveca, Dec 28, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
    If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

fireberd, Dec 28, 2018
  4. steele84 Win User

"No Sound Card Was Found"

Sound Cards

Is there a verified sound cards list yet ?

Thanks

steele84, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

"No Sound Card Was Found"

1. "No Sound Card Was Found" - Similar Threads - Sound Card Was

2. No sound card was found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound card was found: Last week, my computer was fine. I was playing a game, my speakers were working, everything was hunky-dory.I installed windows update and i went to sleep. Suddenly, in the morning i opened my laptop and after 30 min maybe !I tried to reduce my audio but i didnt have control...
  3. No sound card was found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound card was found: Last week, my computer was fine. I was playing a game, my speakers were working, everything was hunky-dory.I installed windows update and i went to sleep. Suddenly, in the morning i opened my laptop and after 30 min maybe !I tried to reduce my audio but i didnt have control...
  4. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found: Hi,I've lost audio on my Win 11 laptop, hoping someone can help. I've tried Googling the issue but nothing so far.I've tried to uninstall the audio driver RealTek HD Audio from the Device Manager but after a restart the audio driver has completly dissapeared. I've gone to...
  5. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found: Hi,I've lost audio on my Win 11 laptop, hoping someone can help. I've tried Googling the issue but nothing so far.I've tried to uninstall the audio driver RealTek HD Audio from the Device Manager but after a restart the audio driver has completly dissapeared. I've gone to...
  6. Sound card not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound card not found.: After a recent upgrade from windows 10 32 bit from windows 10 64 bit, my sound card is not working. The entire device looks as if it was deleted from the system. I tried to reinstall to fix it, but to no avail....
  7. Sound card not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound card not found.: After a recent upgrade from windows 10 32 bit from windows 10 64 bit, my sound card is not working. The entire device looks as if it was deleted from the system. I tried to reinstall to fix it, but to no avail....
  8. Sound card not found.

9. "No Sound Card Was Found"

"No Sound Card Was Found": **I accidentally put this in the wrong topic, so I'm moving it here Earlier today my computer was fine. I was playing a game, my speakers were working, everything was hunky-dory. About three hours ago I went to watch YouTube and surprise! My audio wasn't working. I tried...
  10. Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P: Well, I've got a problem with my second laptop, acer aspire e15-551P. After I upgraded my windows to 10, voice totally disappeared also sound card cannot be found. Already downloaded and installed all available drivers from acer site. Still doesnt work, any idea how to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc no sound card found

2. no sound card found