Windows 10: No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device

Discus and support No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So what happened was that I plugged in some headphones into the controller when while playing a game. It was a little loud so I pressed the dedicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EirikHavre, Mar 12, 2020.

1. No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device

So what happened was that I plugged in some headphones into the controller when while playing a game. It was a little loud so I pressed the dedicated button for lowering the volume in windows on my keyboard. But when I did that, the volume did not get lower gradually like it should, it just stopped completely. Now I cant get it to work again.
    The volume bars besides the headset in the sound/playback window is even going up and down as if there is sound playing in my headphones.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/EirikHavre
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EirikHavre, Mar 12, 2020

2. Default Playback devices are not retaining their settings.

We appreciate the information that you've provided. The next step that we recommend you to do is to disable all the sound drivers on your
    Device Manager since the sound driver has 2 components. We have to identify which sound driver works best on your device by following these steps:

• Type in Device Manger on the Search box.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for the Audio inputs and outputs and
      Sound, video and game controllers drivers.

• No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device 33e66a89-f361-49a8-9a7e-cd5c26ea169f.png
    • Right click each drivers found on the suggested lists and select Disable.
    • Once you've disabled all the sound drivers, repeat steps 1 to
      3 but this time enable one driver at a time and check which driver will retain the desired
      Playback device settings.

You can leave the other sound drivers disabled, once you've identified which driver works on your device.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

Hi Samuel,

A factor why you're voice chat sounds goes through your speakers as well is due to configuration settings. We suggest that you configure playback devices. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Sound
    • Left-click on Speakers > Click on Set as Default Device.
    • Left-click on Headphones > Select Set as Default Communication Device.
    • Click OK.

If the issue still occurs, contact your device manufacturer's support for assistance on configuring your device.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Mar 12, 2020
  4. PapaMoose Win User

No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device

Setting default audio playback

I've had trouble with Rocksmith 2014 remastered and sent an email to Ubisoft forum and they told me to do the following to fix the problem:
    This issue is almost always solved by changing the default audio playback to be DVD quality.

1. Navigate to Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound --> Sound.
    2. Highlight the default Playback device and select Properties.
    3. On the Advanced tab, set the default format to be 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality).

Only thing is, when I get to the last step, it won't let me change the default format. There is no button and the numbers (16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)) are greyed out. How do I do what they are saying?

PapaMoose, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device

1. No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device - Similar Threads - sound comes through

2. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected: I've connected through Blutooth a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PI7 on my laptop running Windows 10 but they aren't available in the "Select playback device" I used to this and yesterday it just didn't work anymore.I've unpaired and repaired, I've connected them to other devices....
  3. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected: I've connected through Blutooth a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PI7 on my laptop running Windows 10 but they aren't available in the "Select playback device" I used to this and yesterday it just didn't work anymore.I've unpaired and repaired, I've connected them to other devices....
  4. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to set default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to set default playback device: Hello! I have installed VB Virtual audio cable to be able to change my voice through fl studio and into Discord. After which everything was working fine, until the next boot-up of my PC. I have no sound playing and after looking into it, I realised that Windows detected VB...
  6. No Sound Coming Through

No Sound Coming Through: Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need help with my laptop. No sound comes through from the speakers. It'll go through Bluetooth speakers and headphones, but not the external ones on the laptop itself. I've already tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting...
  7. Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out

Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out: My family recently got a new Acer Nitro 50, and when I try and use my bluetooth headset, no sound comes out of the headset. Usually this problem can be fixed by setting the headset as the default sound device, but this time it didn't do anything. My headset works just fine on...
  8. Need sound to go through wireless XBOX One Controller

Need sound to go through wireless XBOX One Controller: Dear redditors! I have an XBOX One controller with a headphone jack that works properly when I plug it with USB. When I use wireless connection over Bluetooth (regular, not the dedicated dongle), I can play just fine, but can't use my headset with it. The gamepad isn't...
  9. unable to listen to device through playback settings

unable to listen to device through playback settings: So about a month ago i updated my sound drivers - and ever since then i have been unable to listen to my mic through the playback settings, i can listen to it through the record/mic settings but then there is a lag. I can't even back up to the point prior the update. How can...
  10. Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults: My DELL laptop with Win10 is usually coupled to a HD Monitor with speakers. When I disconnect it and go mobile, Win10 doesn't automatically find and default to the laptop's own speakers??? Any ideas please how to get Win10 to handle this? 50797