Windows 10: No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback...

Discus and support No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Normally when I turn on my Bluetooth headphones the computer recognizes them right away and immediately starts sending all audio to the headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Neon Lotus, Apr 23, 2020.

1. No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback...

Normally when I turn on my Bluetooth headphones the computer recognizes them right away and immediately starts sending all audio to the headphones only. These days, I'm noticing more and more, than I turn on the headphones, Windows acknowledges it by switching the Playback Device as shown but the sound is still coming from only the speakers, no audio is coming to the headphones.

No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback... 1966058b-822e-4ba8-b567-f13efc260913?upload=true.jpg

I typically fix it by disconnecting the headphones via Bluetooth and then re-pairing them again, an unnecessary annoyance.

I've also set the Bluetooth Support Device in services.msc to "Startup Type: Automatic" as per this advice here, Method 2: https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-no-sound-after-bluetooth-connection-in-windows-10/

I've just had them working now. Turned them off for an hour and returned to experience the same sound playback issue again.

:)

Neon Lotus, Apr 23, 2020

2. Wireless headphones show as connetced but have no sound

My wireless headphones show as connected and are listed under bluetooth in device manager, but the sound will not come through the headphones, only the computer speakers. Also, the headphones are not listed under playback devices.Wireless

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

wfdeacongrad89, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

Hi,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to set the Headphone as the default device:

Open Control Panel and select Sound.

When the Sound dialog appears click the Playback tab.

Verify if the Headphone is listed and the right sound card listed under playback devices.

If so, right click the Headphone device and click on default playback device.

If they are not listed, Right click on the blank space and click on show disabled device.

If the Headphone gets listed,

Right click the “Headphone” select “Enable”. Right click the “Headphone” again and select “Set as default device” from the same list.

Click “Ok”. Now remove and reconnect the Headphone and check.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Apr 23, 2020
  4. caperjack Win User

No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback...

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback...

1. No Sound Coming from Bluetooth Headphones but Windows Shows Headphones as Current Playback... - Similar Threads - Sound Coming Bluetooth

2. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  3. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  4. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless headphones not showing in playback

Wireless headphones not showing in playback: Hi I have updated my windows to new version 1603 but unfortunately I m dealing with so many issues with this new update. I m trying to connect my wireless headphones to my hp laptop but unable to hear sound from it.My bluetooth device is connected but not playing any Audio...
  6. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...
  7. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  8. No sound from bluetooth headphones

No sound from bluetooth headphones: After charging my headphones overnight, they will no longer play sound when on my desktop. I know both the headphones and Bluetooth adapter are working because they work perfectly fine with my phone. When playing audio on my desktop I can hear a sort of quiet hum like it's...
  9. Muffled sound coming from headphones

Muffled sound coming from headphones: Hey guys, so i've had windows 10 since about a week after its release, and today I was just browsing on youtube, watching some videos, when all of a sudden the sound goes out, and I can't hear any sound from my computer with or without headphones. So I googled the problem and...
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth headset not showing in playback