Windows 10: No sound coming from headphones and speakers

Discus and support No sound coming from headphones and speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesRisch, Apr 7, 2020.

1. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I noticed there was no sound coming from my computer at all. I tried unplugging my headphones and plugging them back in but there was still no sound. Plugged in some speakers and tried them but there was no sound. I also tried restarting it and reinstalling drivers but that didn't work either. I tried using the troubleshoot program and it did say that the audio enhancements didn't load and that the issue was "fixed" but it really wasn't. I was able to connect wireless headphones to my computer and the sound was working but the mic didn't work. Also sometimes after unplugging and plugging the headphones back in a red x will show up next to the volume icon and won't go away unless I restart the computer

:)

JamesRisch, Apr 7, 2020

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Apr 7, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

No sound coming from headphones and speakers [​IMG]

fireberd, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Catbill Win User

No sound coming from headphones and speakers

when switch from headphones to speakers, there is no sound

When I unplug my headphones, the sound does not automatically come back through the speakers.

The speakers are external speakers connected through the speaker output. The headphones are connected by USB port.

There should be a simple way to specify that when the headphones are plugged in, they should be the default. When the headphones are not plugged in, the speakers should be the default. Alas, there are a jumble of settings that do not clearly describe what
    they do so I am baffled by how to make this work.

Question: How should Windows be configured so that when the headphones are plugged in, the sound comes through the headphones and when the headphones are not plugged in, the sound comes through the speakers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Catbill, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

No sound coming from headphones and speakers

1. No sound coming from headphones and speakers - Similar Threads - sound coming headphones

2. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  3. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  4. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  5. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  6. Sound coming from headphones and speakers at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from headphones and speakers at the same time: I have my headphones connected in the front port, my speakers in the rear port but sound is coming out from both. All the drivers are up to date and I have enabled the “Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in” in Realtek Audio Control and also I don’t...
  7. Sound coming from Headphones and Speakers at the same time.

Sound coming from Headphones and Speakers at the same time.: I have my headphones connected in the front port, my speakers in the rear port but sound is coming out from both. All the drivers are up to date and I have enabled the “Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in” in Realtek Audio Control and also I don’t...
  8. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?: Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it to be able to play sound from the headset when it's in and not from the laptop's speakers, until I take the headset back out....
  9. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio enhancements didnt load windows 10