Windows 10: No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

Discus and support No sound coming from my TV through HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lord Sephiroth8, Sep 17, 2019.

1. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need.

My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect it to my desktop which has Windows 10.

I did the troubleshooting and no luck, I changed my HDMI, I changed different TVs/Monitors, I disabled, enabled and unistalled/reinstalled the sound drivers, I did put my JVC as the default and I have disabled the enhancements and I have even changed from the motherboard to motherboard and nothing. It all seems to indicate that is inside Windows Operative system but I can't seem to get audio on my TV through the HDMI cable.

Now my TV is making popping sounds and I'm 1000% positive that is not my TV, or my HDMI cable or my PC Motherboard.

:)

Lord Sephiroth8, Sep 17, 2019
  2. JohnGi(2) Win User

HDMI sound no longer comes from the TV

After the latest Microsoft update the HDMI sound no longer comes from the TV, only the computer. How can I fix that or will a patch come soon?

JohnGi(2), Sep 17, 2019
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Sep 17, 2019
  4. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

Sound coming from Laptop and not TV when connected to HDMI

Hello AKennedy,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with sound coming from laptop and not TV when connected to HDMI.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

• If you want your sound to work through a HDMI cable you will first have to adjust some settings in Windows 10.
    • Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “X”.
    • Left click or tap on the “Control Panel” feature you have on the screen.
    • Now in the “Control Panel” window you will need to left click or tap on the “Hardware and Sound” feature.
    • Under the topic “Sound” you will have to left click or tap on the “Manage audio devices”.
    • You will have in front of you a “Sound” window.
    • Left click or tap on the “Playback” tab situated in the upper side of the window.
    • After you selected the “Playback” tab you will need to left click or tap on the “Digital Output Device (HDMI)” feature.
    • After left clicking or tapping the feature above you will see a check mark next to it thus making this option as default for the Windows 10 device.
    • Now Left click on the “OK” button.
    • Close the opened windows.
    • Reboot the Windows 10 device.
    • Open the Windows 10 device and check to see if your sound is working on the HDMI cable.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

• Left click or tap on the “Desktop” feature in the start screen of the Windows 8 or Windows 10 system.
    • After you selected your Desktop feature you need to press and hold on the button “Windows” and on the button “X”.
    • Left click or tap on the “Device Manager” feature.
    • You will need to double click (left click) on the sound driver situated on the left side in the window.
    • You will need to right click the sound device and left click on the “Update driver software” feature.
    • You will get a window in which you need to left click or tap on the “OK” button.
    • Reboot the Windows 10 device.
    • After the Windows 10 reboots your device should have the latest drivers installed.
    • Check now and see if your sound works through a HDMI cable to the TV.

If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Nirmal S” replied on November 1, 2012 in the Microsoft Community link given below and check if that helps.

I have no sound on the TV connected through an HDMI output.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

1. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI - Similar Threads - sound coming through

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  4. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  5. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  6. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  7. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  8. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  9. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  10. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...