Windows 10: no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack

Discus and support no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, So I’m running Windows 10 build 19042.804 version 20H2 and I am having this problem where I plug my headphones onto my laptop’s Aux/audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToddyMooMoo, Feb 28, 2021.

1. no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack

Hi guys,

So I’m running Windows 10 build 19042.804 version 20H2 and I am having this problem where I plug my headphones onto my laptop’s Aux/audio jack and Windows 10 detects it (it makes a sound when I plug it in). However, no sound coming from the headphone but instead sound comes from the laptop built in speakers. Im also having an issue where my headphones audio is not showing up on the device manager.

So far, the only solution (which works but is frustrating sometimes) I see is: start up laptop > enter password > log in > once Windows 10 booted in, plug the headphones onto my laptop’s Aux/audio jack, after that wait 1 minute and restart laptop and sound finally comes from the headphone itself. It’s annoying to do this as i have to always remember to plug in headphone then restart as it normally temporary fixes for me after a restart.

Methods I have already tried:

1. I have tried multiple sets of headphones with no change in behaviour.
    2. uninstalled Realtek driver and letting Windows reinstall it.
    3. Downloaded Realtek driver from their website
    submitted by /u/ToddyMooMoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToddyMooMoo, Feb 28, 2021

2. Headphone jack issue

When I plug my headphones into my Zune (on my Kin Two phone), I get the sound through the headphones. When I plug my aux cable into my Zune to plug into my "aux in" in my car, I only get sound through the speaker on the phone. I have tried the
    cable with another MP3 player and it works fine. Any suggestions?

stpierce10, Feb 28, 2021
  3. phanta Win User
    Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing really comes in my headphones at all. Need much help.
    no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack [​IMG]

phanta, Feb 28, 2021
  4. no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack

Audio: No sound when headphones are plugged in to jack

I would also like to add that the Realtek HD audio manager recognizes that something has been plugged into the headphone jack but does not output any sound in spite of that.

Sanjeev303, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack

1. no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack - Similar Threads - sound coming headphone

2. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  3. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  4. audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting: whenever i plug my headphones into my pc after restarting i hear no sound, and the headphonesno matter what kind dont show up on connected headphone listbut when i plug in the headphones and restart my pc with the headphones inside it works fine, and i can continue to hear...
  5. Audio Popup windows 10, when plugged in to aux jack

Audio Popup windows 10, when plugged in to aux jack: Hi, ill keep this quick. I'm trying to find a way to re-enable the "what device have you plugged in?" popup when you plug headphones into the aux jack. Many sites trying to solve this have told me to look for the Realtek HD audio manager, but there is no such option in...
  6. when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.

when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and ever since I downloaded the latest windows update my audio has been really glitchy, first off whenever I use headphones I have to restart my laptop for them to work secondly, when headphones are plugged in audio plays from the speaker thirdly...
  7. When headphone gets removed from jack, and plugged back in, the popup does not come and the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When headphone gets removed from jack, and plugged back in, the popup does not come and the...: Ive tried this with other headphones, and its the same problem. The thing I do now is go to device manager and uninstall audio drivers, then restart. If the headphones get removed from the jack, I have to repeat. (They're Realtek Headphones) submitted by /u/CustardMobile...
  8. Headphones plugged in but audio coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones plugged in but audio coming from speakers: Hi, this problem has been annoying me for days so I thought I'd post here. A few months ago I got wireless earbuds. I ended up returning them and after that the problems started. When I plugged in my headphones the audio was playing out loud. I disabled bluetooth and it...
  9. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  10. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...