Windows 10: No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work)

Discus and support No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today when I plugged in my earphones (the apple ones) and there was no audio at all, but somehow it worked totally fine without the earphones. Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by applepie, Sep 6, 2015.

1. applepie Win User

No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work)

Today when I plugged in my earphones (the apple ones) and there was no audio at all, but somehow it worked totally fine without the earphones. Even realtek detected something when I plugged my earphones, I also went to device manager to check if every driver is updated or not but still ended up no luck.

things i know:
    - Audio is perfect without earphones plugged in
    - only 'Speakers' is shown as my playback device
    - went to device manager and i'm pretty sure all drivers are up to date and enabled
    - everything was working fine the last time i booted into my windows10 (dual booting with linux)
    - realtek detected my earphone as it popped up a notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

if you need to know more about my computer just ask
    please help

:)

applepie, Sep 6, 2015
  2. zozio Win User

toggle earphone, loudspeaker

Hello Swen

is it possible listening to the radio without earphones(no antenna) plugged ?????.

the problem is : with the earphones plugged, the sound is coming out from the speaker and not from the earphones, and only when listening the radio,

it is working well when listening the MP3 music, the sound comes out from the earphones when it is plugged, and from the speaker when not plugged.

zozio, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Speakers plugged in but not working.

Does sound come out of the speakers without the earphones plugged in?

tamara_sadel, Sep 6, 2015
  4. No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work)

Hey mate,

Find your laptop here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- 搜尋

download the audio driver for Windows 10, and install it. If it asks, tell it to install or repair. It will first uninstall your audio driver, require a restart, and then install the audio driver. If this doesn't fix it, see if behind the computer (the green audio jack) still works.

Let me know!

DustSailor, Sep 6, 2015
  5. applepie Win User
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download K53SM

im unsure which OS i should choose since I've upgraded my OS to windows 10 from windows 7 and the only options they provide are 'win 7,8 and others'. I actually installed the latest realtek drivers from the official realtek website 'R2.79' and restarted but the earphones still won't work.
    I'm starting to doubt whether it's to do with the drivers or is it something to do with the settings?

applepie, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Your motherboard manufacturer provides the best driver for your board, but if they don't have it for Win 10, I would bet that to be the problem. But that is all I know about, someone else may have some advice for you shortly

DustSailor, Sep 6, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    Try the drivers from Microsoft Catalog. They are version 6.0.1.7592 and the R2.79 are version 6.0.1.7541.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...x?q=6.0.1.7592

WhyMe, Sep 6, 2015
  8. No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work)

Funny, I have the exact OPPOSITE problem right now after doing a clean install of Windows 10. No sound from laptop speakers, only head phones ...

GatsbyGlen, Sep 6, 2015
  9. Fix for most of the problems right here:
    The response, "There are no Windows 10 drivers for my laptop", is why the minority aren't able to find a solution. There are exceptions, however.

I can't fix a bad driver, though! *Sad

DustSailor, Sep 6, 2015
  10. I tried uninstalling the drivers, but they just came back - automatically re-installed. So I had to turn off the windows setting to automatically download driver software, then uninstall. I then used Lenovo's system update utility to download the drivers. It works now *Smile

GatsbyGlen, Sep 6, 2015
  11. LOL! That's really good news, thanks for the update. Those drivers WORK! *Biggrin

DustSailor, Sep 6, 2015
  12. You would think they would be the same drivers *Smile

GatsbyGlen, Sep 6, 2015
  13. applepie Win User

i can't download that file, the website only shows the microsoft update catalog image.

applepie, Sep 6, 2015
  14. applepie Win User
    i tried to uninstall the realtek HD audio driver and rebooted which automatically reinstalled again but i still ran into the same problem...

applepie, Sep 6, 2015
  15. hawkman Win User
    Hi Applepie,
    What settings do you have here.

Note to get to the small pic, your headphones must be plugged in then right click on the blue button in my case, yours might be different and select headphones.

Roy

hawkman, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work) - Similar Threads - sound coming earphones

2. Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker: i recently got my ssd changed and factory reset my laptop, which updated it to windows 11.. ever since then whenever i plug in my wired earphones it detects that a device was plugged in and the audio plays from both the earphones and the speaker, when i go into playback to...
  3. Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker: i recently got my ssd changed and factory reset my laptop, which updated it to windows 11.. ever since then whenever i plug in my wired earphones it detects that a device was plugged in and the audio plays from both the earphones and the speaker, when i go into playback to...
  4. Only voice is coming out of the speakers.

Only voice is coming out of the speakers.: I BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP 5 MONTHS AGO I was working with zoom in a meeting and that day suddenly only the voice came out of the speakers other people playing audio I couldn't hear. I closed zoom it works just fine but today even I quit it wasn't working.Can someone tell me how to...
  5. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  6. Sound coming out from only subwoofer and one speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound coming out from only subwoofer and one speaker: Hello,I bought brand new speakers 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer. They work perfectly when I plug them into my phone. But when I plug them into my PC, sound is coming out from only left speaker and subwoofer. I put my ear to right speaker and it makes noise, so it's definitely...
  7. Sound coming out from only subwoofer and one speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming out from only subwoofer and one speaker: Hello,I bought brand new speakers 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer. They work perfectly when I plug them into my phone. But when I plug them into my PC, sound is coming out from only left speaker and subwoofer. I put my ear to right speaker and it makes noise, so it's definitely...
  8. Sound coming out from only subwoofer and one speaker

9. Sound not coming out of external speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming out of external speaker: My laptop and my bose speaker are connected. Both devices report it. But no sound is coming out of the Bose speaker. what to do? Yesterday I could hear in the Bose speaker what I was playing in my laptop...
  10. Sound Coming out of speakers even when earphones are Connected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Coming out of speakers even when earphones are Connected.: I am facing this issue from back when I purchased the laptop. When I try to connect my earphones to my laptop, even after plugging in the earphones the audio comes out of speakers. I am using the MI Basic earphones. There is no issue If I connect the earphones before I turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rog scar edition realtek high definition headphone works no speaker sound