Windows 10: No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

Discus and support No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had a recurring problem of sound not coming through my headphones when I plug them into my computer MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, Windows 10. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelissaGeisel, Nov 16, 2021.

1. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

I have had a recurring problem of sound not coming through my headphones when I plug them into my computer MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, Windows 10. Every time this happens, I try every trick in the book - looking for the headphones in disabled devices, uninstalling and reinstalling the sound driver RealtekR Audio, restarting the computer - nothing. The Realtek Audio console on the computer detects the headphones, but all of the Windows devices and sound settings? Nothing. Sound comes through the speakers fine when headphones are not plugged in, but there is no sound from speakers when they are

:)

MelissaGeisel, Nov 16, 2021

2. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

Hi,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to set the Headphone as the default device:

Open Control Panel and select Sound.

When the Sound dialog appears click the Playback tab.

Verify if the Headphone is listed and the right sound card listed under playback devices.

If so, right click the Headphone device and click on default playback device.

If they are not listed, Right click on the blank space and click on show disabled device.

If the Headphone gets listed,

Right click the “Headphone” select “Enable”. Right click the “Headphone” again and select “Set as default device” from the same list.

Click “Ok”. Now remove and reconnect the Headphone and check.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Nov 16, 2021
  3. no sound in headphones

Hi Mary,

If your headphones stops working in Windows devices, you can try solutions below to fix the problem. The issue can be caused by incorrect sound settings, faulty audio drivers, etc. We suggest that you follow below simple instructions to troubleshoot the
    problem.

• Check if the sound is muted. If it is muted, the headphone won’t have sound.
    • Check the connection. Try unplugging the headphone and firmly plug it back in.
    • Check the port. If you are using a USB headphone, try a different USB port.
    • Try the headphone on another computer. Use your headphone on another computer. If it doesn’t work on that computer, the headphone might be broken. In that case, you need to replace it with a new one.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Nov 16, 2021
  4. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones on the drop down arrow or else the sound will keep coming out of my speakers. Basically it is not doing anything automatically, so everytime I plug in headphones, or connect to the tv I have to change everything manually, and do the same thing when disconnecting or else there will be no sound atall.

I did read on the internet that by plugging in my headphones and then making them my default sounds device would work because it is supposed to automatically change when they are unplugged but unfortunately this is not the case for me. Also I am curious as to why even when I don't have my headphones plugged in, they are still listed under playback, but it does not say they are unplugged. I would appreciate anybody who can help me with this problem because I have run out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance

flyingdragon91, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

1. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem - Similar Threads - sound coming through

2. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.: Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-are-plugged-in-but-the-sound-doesnt/2a389b87-44a4-48e1-aec4-1196dc19689c
  3. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.: Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-are-plugged-in-but-the-sound-doesnt/2a389b87-44a4-48e1-aec4-1196dc19689c
  4. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem: I have had a recurring problem of sound not coming through my headphones when I plug them into my computer MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, Windows 10. Every time this happens, I try every trick in the book - looking for the headphones in disabled devices, uninstalling and reinstalling...
  5. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem: I have had a recurring problem of sound not coming through my headphones when I plug them into my computer MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, Windows 10. Every time this happens, I try every trick in the book - looking for the headphones in disabled devices, uninstalling and reinstalling...
  6. Sound coming through Headphones and PC. HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming through Headphones and PC. HELP!: I’ve done EVERYTHING I’ve found online. When I plug in my headphones either directly, or through a headphones/mic splitter, the sound still comes through pc speaker on my laptop. Please help submitted by /u/RapidCrocodile [link] [comments]...
  7. No Sound Coming Through

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound Coming Through: Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need help with my laptop. No sound comes through from the speakers. It'll go through Bluetooth speakers and headphones, but not the external ones on the laptop itself. I've already tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting...
  8. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.: I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones. In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to...
  9. NO SOUND THROUGH HEADPHONES

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SOUND THROUGH HEADPHONES: Win 10 64bit Dell XPS 8930 Realtek HD Audio Speakers / Headphones Realtek Audio set as default in Sound>Playback tab. There is no Enhancements tab in Properties. Test tone = error msg. Installed latest Realtek driver. Test tone is audible but no sound from any apps. No...
  10. No Sound Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound Through Headphones: Hello! I've already read through many of the similar questions on this forum, however none of the solutions seem to work. Sound comes through perfectly fine on my laptop's built-in speakers. However, when plugging my headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack, there is no sound...