Windows 10: No Sound Coming Through

Discus and support No Sound Coming Through in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need help with my laptop. No sound comes through from the speakers. It'll go through Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Movarry, Nov 11, 2020.

1. No Sound Coming Through

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I need help with my laptop. No sound comes through from the speakers. It'll go through Bluetooth speakers and headphones, but not the external ones on the laptop itself. I've already tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, but it didn't help. Any idea of what it could be? The laptop is an Alienware 17 if that helps. I've also installed all the recent updates and still nothing.

submitted by /u/Movarry
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Movarry, Nov 11, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound Coming Through :p

cadaveca, Nov 11, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 11, 2020
  4. No Sound Coming Through

No sound coming from any streaming service

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

No Sound Coming Through

1. No Sound Coming Through - Similar Threads - Sound Coming Through

2. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.: Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-are-plugged-in-but-the-sound-doesnt/2a389b87-44a4-48e1-aec4-1196dc19689c
  3. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.: Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-are-plugged-in-but-the-sound-doesnt/2a389b87-44a4-48e1-aec4-1196dc19689c
  4. No sound coming through my lap top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming through my lap top: No Sound while playing / windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-coming-through-my-lap-top/26098ab5-8745-41a6-bfd0-138894979e0c
  5. No sound coming through my lap top

No sound coming through my lap top: No Sound while playing / windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-coming-through-my-lap-top/26098ab5-8745-41a6-bfd0-138894979e0c
  6. No sound coming through my lap top

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem: I have had a recurring problem of sound not coming through my headphones when I plug them into my computer MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, Windows 10. Every time this happens, I try every trick in the book - looking for the headphones in disabled devices, uninstalling and reinstalling...
  8. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem: I have had a recurring problem of sound not coming through my headphones when I plug them into my computer MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, Windows 10. Every time this happens, I try every trick in the book - looking for the headphones in disabled devices, uninstalling and reinstalling...
  9. No sound coming through headphones - recurring problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Sound coming through Headphones and PC. HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming through Headphones and PC. HELP!: I’ve done EVERYTHING I’ve found online. When I plug in my headphones either directly, or through a headphones/mic splitter, the sound still comes through pc speaker on my laptop. Please help submitted by /u/RapidCrocodile [link] [comments]...